Services Plugins FAQs

AWS Plugin: file uploading

Hello, @micky
Let me jump into this thread for resolving the issue.

Kindly note that you should ignore the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators. You will not face the issue with it.

After it, please let us know on which page of your application we can find the mentioned Plugin’s element.

Ad for this issue, can you please check if you don’t use prohibited characters in the name of your folders (on any of the resources used)?
Sometimes, these errors cause the plugin to not work correctly.

Please check it and let us know about the result.
Best regards,

Thank you! I have now added you as a collaborator. The plugin can be found on the following 4 pages: settings_company, settings_students, signup_company and signup_student

In regards to the prohibited characters to my knowledge I’m not using any in our folders or anywhere else - uploading images hasn’t been an issue until recently, but I’ve made no edits to the plugin/to the folders name or anything so am unsure where the issue arises from.

Thanks!

Hello, @micky
Thanks for provided access.

Please allow us to investigate your application and the plugin settings and to revert with a response. Please note that it can take some time due to the weekends.

Thanks for understanding.
Best regards,

Hello, @micky
Thanks for your time.

We have checked your application and have defined the issue. The name of the folder, where you try to upload the photo, is called “First name” and it has a space between 2 words:

Space reproduces the error because this symbol is not read by the plugin.
Currently, our team is working on fixing this, but we can provide you a workaround for this case: please put the “_” in the name of the folder, instead of “space”.

After it, please do not forget to make all required changes in the Bubble Editor.

Sorry for this inconvenience.
Best regards,

@micky

We have checked your application repeatedly and defined the exact reason for the reproduced issue:
you did not upgrade the plugin’s version for a long time:

Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and give it a try.

Hope it will help you.
Best regards,