Services Plugins FAQs

Edit Capability help for Plugin Aws file upload to S3

Hi
I am struggling to setup the edit function in this component, may be it due to my lack of programming skills.

In my usecase I have a scenario where we can upload files Example list of invoice where admin will go and edit invoice details and if there is no invoice they will attach an invoice.
Now again when the admin goes to the next invoice to edit, the same above invoice will show up in the upload container which was actually previously uploaded.

I tried to use reset option, it will actually empty the container once the change to db occurs. However when I go to a next invoice edit, as the container is empty and i only click on edit without uploading the invoice, the previously uploaded invoice for that group gets deleted.

If there is a way to do this in the plugin then the problem could be easily solved

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Satish

Hello, @satish.sreenivasan
Thanks for the question.

In order to help you, I need to receive some additional details regarding your use case.
Here I can see only a screenshot, not for the File Uploader (our plugin), but another picture uploader.
Thus, it is pretty confusing what exactly you are trying to create with this element and how exactly it is related to our AWS File Uploader.

As an example, you can retrieve the URLs for each uploaded file (invoice) in the repeating Group, as on our Demo Page:

In case you need to save some changes, you just need to create a button “Save”, which will save all the changes you applied for invoices.

Please record the video reproducing all the mentioned steps, so we will be able to recreate your scenario and try it on our side.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina
So sorry for the delayed response. I have used the S3 uploaded for creation and for editing I call all the fields on the modal. The uploaded is also the same component S3 uploaded.

It would be great if the files can be shown by default by calling the uploaded file as below

Hello, @satish.sreenivasan

As I mentioned earlier, you can retrieve the entire list of the files, which were uploaded to your AWS bucket:

I suppose that this issue is related to the way you are going to the next invoice and how exactly you are saving the files.

Due to the fact that I have some additional questions regarding your settings, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? Also, please describe how exactly I can reproduce the issue.

This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.
Regards,

Hi @Ecaterina
That is very helpful. I will send out a support email with all the details.
Thanks
Satish

2 Likes