Services Plugins FAQs

Fuzzy Search & Autocomplete "Input Box value is empty" issue

Hey!

I’ve run into this a couple of times over the past few months. It seems like the widget is struggling to read the input field’s value:

Some clarifications:

1. The input field is of type “Input”
  2. The ID is correct

Just bumping this as I still haven’t found a solution :slight_smile:

Hello, @maxlouiscreative. Apologies for the late reply. :pray:

It seems like the data source, indicated in the plugin element, is a data call. There is not a 0% chance that your data call is not returning any data at all. That’s why the plugin data source on the debugger is empty.

Have you tried using the “Do a search for” instead of the data call? Did it return any values?

Regards,

Hey Kate,

No worries! Thanks for getting back.

So I did some testing on your idea. It looks like it’s true, it’s not functioning with the data call. But I did find the data call has data. Here’s a demo:

In here you can see the data in the text field is showing no problem, but nothing is coming through on the search & autocomplete.

Let me know thoughts!

@maxlouiscreative,

Thanks for the details! It seems to be a plugin bug. It should work with the data call as a search resource as well. Let us please investigate this moment a bit more careful with the dev team.

I will get back to you once I have any useful updates. Thank you for your patience :pray:

Regards,

1 Like

@maxlouiscreative,

We have checked your use case with our devs - it is not a plugin bug, it is possible to use the data call as the plugin data source. But a bit another way that you do. Let me explain. :slightly_smiling_face:

The plugin can’t do a search on the data array if you don’t call for this data. Yes, the text element will prove that your data call contains some data that can be proceeded with the plugin. But the Fuzzy search plugin requires doing a source data call first.

I have the following example for you:

My suggestion for you - create an action (when the page is loaded, or on click event, does not matter) and add the custom state to your page. This custom state’s value will be your data call result. By this, you will call for the data (particularly, your Facebook - Get all pages data) and let the plugin understand which exact data array to use for the search.

Indicate into the plugin data source, not the actual data call, as you have currently, but the page’s custom state (which value will include your data call results).

I hope it helps. :relieved:

1 Like

This worked thanks so much!

1 Like

@maxlouiscreative,

You are always welcome! I’m glad it helped. :blush:
If you feel like the plugin deserves your rate, please feel free to give it as many stars as you think it is worth. Your contribution will be much appreciated and work as a motivation for us to create more awesome products.

Thank you and take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like