Services Plugins FAQs

Help with AWS Bucket

Hi there,

I am having a lot of trouble getting the AWS File uploader to work.

I simply want to upload a file and then have an image placeholder display it (so that a user can upload a profile image for example)

It would be greatful if I could get a nudge in the right direction. I think I’ve set up bucket etc correctly. But my problem is I don’t know how to display the images once they’ve been uploaded.

Thanks,

James

Hi, @j.cheethamx!

Thanks for reaching out!

Ok, so we have a case: the user uploads an image, this image should be displayed. The FileUploader plugin returns the image URL which can be saved for the current user and then retrieved from the database. To be able to achieve that you can use the plugin event- Fileuploader A uploading is finished and make changes according to the file uploaded.
For instance: when Fileuploader A uploading is finished - make changes to a user - save the image URL and Hide a FileUploader A.

Next step will be- show the image element which has data source - current user’s image URL. The idea is that you save the image URL to the current user and then display it.

Note: Add a field in the database to the User.

Hope this helps!
Best, Julia.

Thanks very much, I seem to have it all working now, although my AWS is public

I’ve attached a screenshot. I think it’s because in CORS, the ‘Allowed Origin’ is “*”

If i try and set that to my bubble domain (I’m on a trial so it’s https://anilab.bubbleapps.io/)

Then the file uploader no longer connects. It would be great if you know if I’m using the right code… Thanks!

Hi,

Is it possible to save the uploaded image url to a database other than Users.

I can get it to work under the User type under field ‘profile photo’ . But if I try and store the URL in a new Type eg ‘Artwork’ with a field called Featured image then it does not work…

It would be great if you could let me know if this is indeed possible… Cheers

Hi, @j.cheethamx!

Please make sure that region & identity pool id is in the same region.

Then make a double-check of all settings from the docs page and give it another try: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/aws-file-uploader-plugin

It is weird, because if it does save in the DB in the User field, then it should be saved in another field as well. Please check carefully your workflow at the point when the URL is saving to the DB.
If you still have this error, you can add our support@zeroqode.com account to your collaborator’s list in Settings → Collaboration so we could check the issue inside your application. Plus, please tell us the name of your Bubble application and page name where you develop it, it would be way easier for us to help you solve the issues.

Note: avoid the warning message regarding Professional plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Best, Julia.