Services Plugins FAQs

How to Pass Lats and Longs to Multiple Markers Field in the Add Markers Map Extender

I have a list of locations with lats and longs that I’d like to pass to the Multiple Markers Field in the Add Markers for Map Extender plugin. However, it looks like this field only accepts addresses and the convert lats/longs to address function only works on a single address (not a list).

Anyone know a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @harrisonalley,

Thanks for reaching out. Here is a screenshot of our demo app workflow:

This is how you can pass the Latitude and Longitude, just press the Search for Markers and the second window will popup where you can add constrains. The ‘Multiple Markers’ already searches for a list of markers in comparison with ‘Single Marker’, so you should be good to go.

Hope it is helpful. However, in case you have other questions or you are trying to accomplish something else using this plugin, please inform me and also send screenshots of your app, the problem and how things should work.

Best,
Alex

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @alexandru.

I’m still having a bit of trouble. I have data stored in my database like this:

Here’s a close up of one of my data points:

And here’s what I’m trying to do with my app: Jasmine's%20App

In case it’s not clear from the GIF, I want to select a city, have a subset of categories from my database populate a repeating group, checkbox various boxes of categories and have a subset of locations within those categories populate another repeating group, checkbox locations from that repeating group, and have those locations populate a map.

Please note, I’d like to use specific lat/longs (as opposed to addresses) because I am trying to generate a map of locations for taking photos. Photo locations are best identified with lats/longs because they often don’t correspond to specific addresses.

Here’s one format I’ve tried: Map%20Extender%20A%20Attempt

I guess I’m not clear what format the lats and longs need to be in to work in the multiple markers field.

Hi @harrisonalley, thanks for your feedback. Let me investigate what the issue could be and I’ll try to get back to you with a solution as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for understanding :pray:

1 Like

@alexandru thanks for looking into it! Similarly, I’d also like to know how to pass a list of multiple lats and longs to the waypoints parameter. I’m guessing the solution to this problem and the one mentioned above are similar.

I appreciate it!

Hi @harrisonalley, unfortunately it is not possible to display multiple markers according to their Lat and Long through this ‘Add Marker(s) MapExtender’ data call. It can only display markers on the map by using Bubble Geographic Address, it is just how it works. However, it is possible to pass the coordinates through ‘3D Map MapExtender’ call and set the fields.
There could be done a workaround to retrieve the Locations from your database using the coordinates, but I’m afraid this plugin will not display them on the map, as it requires the address. But, there is a solution to this problem you can check here at https://zeroqode.com/plugin/mapbox-maps-1528977923342x484968448273940500. It is another plugin we have built called MapBox Maps which includes markers and returning them by Lat and Long that can be adjusted, and also an address.

Hope it is helpful. Thank you for your patience and understanding :pray:

@alexandru thanks for getting back to me. I’ll look into those work-arounds. What about passing a list of lats and longs to the waypoints parameter. Is that possible?

@harrisonalley here is a screenshot of the editor to show more info about multiple waypoints. They could be added by a new line, separated by comma. You may also try to do it dynamically from the databse if you will to test it. Thanks.

Thanks. I actually can’t try anything right now because of this: Bug Report - Can't See Map Extender or Map Box Map in preview or live version of my app

Would love your input on it.

Thank you @harrisonalley, we have already opened a ticket to check this issue. Let us investigate this one also and I’ll get back to you with an answer asap.

1 Like