Services Plugins FAQs

Mapping Route with Ridely template

I am about to buy the Ridely - Taxi/Ride Sharing Template from bubble.io. Could someone help me create a maping tool that map out a route?

Hi @jvaughn2005,
Thank you for reaching out, we kindly appreciate your interest in our templates. :pray:

If I understood correctly, you are looking for someone who can help you to implement live tracking of the driver inside your app.

The Ridely template is using the MapBox Maps Plugin that by default is setting a route from point A to point B with the direction for the driver. See the screenshot below.

There are a few ways that you can add new features to this template (live tracking and many other features).
First, you can customize it by yourself, here you can find a useful forum thread on how to track third party users’ movement by using the MapBox Maps Plugin: 🗺 Mapbox Maps - Total revamp of one of the most popular Bubble plugins from Zeroqode - #9 by Serg
Please note - that solid Bubble skills are needed when customizing by yourself.

We at Zeroqode can customize the template for you but we usually work with budgets. over $10k-12k. See how we can help with customization.
In case your project requires only small adjustments to the template, I can also suggest checking the Freelance section at the Bubble forum: Jobs / Freelance - Bubble Forum or check on UpWork or Fiverr for Bubble freelancer development offers.

In case I can help you with any additional information about our products - please let me know.
Best regards, :slight_smile:

With the mapbox tool could I map multiple stops to one route and save it. Because I need the capability where I can save multiple routes. Where I can select the saved route.

Hi @jvaughn2005,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply due to the weekends. :pray:

Unfortunately, the Mapbox plugin does not have this option at this moment, it allows creating a route from Start Point to End Point.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback and suggestions. I will add this to the plugin backlog improvements list and we will investigate how feasible it is to implement the requested feature in the nearest plugin update.
Once it happens - I let you know, but, at the moment, I’m unable to provide you with an approximate time estimate since this feature request is a low priority.
Thank you for your understanding.

In case there will be any other product-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to help :slight_smile:
Regards,

Hello Igor. I’m creating an app where I would like certain routes taken to get from A to B even if they differ from the route recommendation on Ridely. Is it possible to preprogram routes or to program only permissible streets Ridely can direct or suggest?

Thanks
Chris

Hi @diaz.chris,
Thank you for your message.

By default not, if you use the Ridley template, you can calculate the route between points A to B using integrated Google Maps API or premium Mapbox map plugin by Zeroqode.

The Mapbox plugin automatically displays the shortest route between the start and endpoint, and one alternative if that’s the case. You can switch dynamically between the first or second route, see the screenshots below:

You can add as much customization to this template as you would like, it’s up to you how you build the whole process and logic.
Please note - solid Bubble skills are needed when customizing by yourself.
In case your project requires only small adjustments to the template, I would recommend checking the Freelance section at the Bubble forum: Jobs / Freelance - Bubble Forum or check on UpWork or Fiverr for Bubble freelancer development offers.

If you require any further information, let me know. :pray:
Best regards,