Services Plugins FAQs

Quickbooks Accounting - Access Invoice as pdf

I have a question regarding the Quickbooks Accounting plugin. Is it at all possible to access the get an invoice as pdf endpoint?

I’d like to give my users the option to access their invoices in pdf format and this would do the trick nicely, but I can’t seem to figure out a way to achieve it.

Hello, @julian1
Thanks a lot for your request :pray:

I’m afraid that in the current plugin version the “get an invoice as pdf” method is not available.
We will take into consideration the ability to add this option in future plugin updates. We need to see how feasible it is to implement.
Thanks for understanding and for your feedback!

Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina thanks for your response and letting me know. It’s a shame that’s not possible at the moment but I appreciate your consideration for future implementation.

I have found a workaround using another third part service, but to make it work I’d need to access the DocNumber from the invoice query object, which doesn’t seem to be available as noted previously on this forum.

Your colleague Alexander was going to look into a solution or cause for the problem — do you know if he ever solved it?

Hello, @julian1

I’m afraid, that it was not solved in the mentioned thread. Although my colleagues were ready to analyze the application of the user, they didn’t receive any message from the user’s side.

Since the Quickbooks Accounting plugin is not working on our side, allow me to advise you to analyze the documentation from the creators:

Also, please allow me to mention that for each call and action, there are links to the official documentation, which can help you. You can find it here:

In case you will face some issues with configuration - kindly ask you to let me know and we will take a look at it without the developer team.

Sorry for this inconvenience.
Best regards,

Thanks for your response @Ecaterina

The problem is exactly as described in the thread I linked, it’s not a configuration issue and I can confirm that I have checked the Intuit documentation.

DocNumber is simply not available to select as a variable within the Bubble UI, therefore based on my and others reports I believe it is an issue with the plugin.

I am happy to provide access to your team if you wish.

Hello, @julian1
Thanks for your suggestion :slightly_smiling_face:

We have carefully analyzed the Intuit Documentation and available calls in our plugin.
Please allow me to mention that with “Query invoice” you will be able to receive a “DocNumber”. Please find below the screen:

However, in order to create a “Get an invoice as PDF”, we can suggest 2 methods.

1. You can create a direct request for “Get an invoice as PDF” through the API connector and this code:
  2. You can use the “Void an Invoice” and connect it with API connector:

For all other requests, you can use direct calls within our plugin. Please find the documentation, which you can use for the purposes above:
https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/api/accounting/all-entities/invoice

Hope it will help you.
Best regards,