Services Plugins FAQs

Ridely Template need finished by Wednesday

Now I’m even more confused.

The ggl api within the application is able to be changed from km to mi and within the cost expression, it specifically references the distance…

I know I’m not a coder and my experience with Bubble is far removed from yours, there are several areas that have me VERY perplexed.

I haven’t upgraded to the Professional level as yet because the application needs to be in working condition for my use so I can’t add collaborator’s. :frowning:

Hello, @4pawztransport
Sorry for this misunderstanding.

I missed this point and seems like it is possible to change manually miles from km :pray:
I’m sorry if it confuses you, but it just was missed earlier, since we are not using miles.

As we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators without upgrading your app to another plan. However, it seems like it working correctly on your side.

As I understand you correctly now, the issue is the price, you see after changing the unit of distance calculation.

Best regards,

I can’t add collaborator’s :frowning:

I realize USA is behind the EU market with a LOT since we are still using miles so that isn’t the problem…

Yes, I think you have it right. In the US, drivers, whether rideshare or taxi, all work on a base PER MILE rate. We are given a per minute rate as well to compensate when certain variables occur, such as rush hour traffic, an accident on the highway, etc. While I am OVERLY GRATEFUL that you at Zeroqode have figured out how to incorporate the per minute into bubble/google free version, that shouldn’t be the primary base pay. The actual base pay that drivers here calculate their earnings on is the PER MILE.

Knowing this now, is there a way to rework the expression to compensate drivers in the US the way they are used to being paid?

Again, thank you so much for your continuing help with this!

Hello, @4pawztransport

I’m sorry to hear that. Probably, the Bubble platform applied some changes and now you need to upgrade the plugin to make that.

Please note that our template is created for demonstration purposes first. It means that you can change absolutely everything you want: design, functionality, users, and database, or you can use the default settings and just add some details of customization there.

In case you are not satisfied with the system of calculating the total price of the ride, the unique solution is to change it by yourself :pray:
I need to note that we can’t change each function and workflow, accordingly to the user’s requests, since every user has their own point of view on the way it should work.

In order to change everything you want, I can advise you to improve your Bubble skills first, it will help you a lot.
Please check these resources for this purpose:

In case you want to change from “Fee per minute” to “Fee per mile”, you need to change:

1. Remane the fields;

2.Change the formula in the way you need:

Here we take into account the meters, which are translated into kilometers and multiplied by 0.25. Then we add the landing fee.

Best regards,

Wow…that’s all I’ve got…just WOW.

@4pawztransport

Please note that we are not refusing to help you, and as I know, you asked the same question one of my colleagues here: Stripe Marketplace Express for Rideshare app - #6 by Igor

However, as we both noted, the formula, required for changing the total price on your side is the next:
the price is calculated as the Distance (in meters) * price per km + Start Ride Fee.
The distance is divided by 1000, for showing the value in kilometers.

Distance is received from the Google API, so we are not influencing it from the template but just receiving the data.

From this screen, I can see that your formula could not be read correctly by the application.

It seems like there is a space before our email, thus you can’t add us. Since we are an agency, you should be able to add this email to the list of collaborators. It will help us to check the issue in the quickest manner.

Please try it and let me know about your result.
Best regards,

Apparently there was a space, preventing me from adding you. It’s been fixed.

I specifically asked you for help with the expression, that’s why I am here. Telling me to get more experience instead was insulting.

Hello, @4pawztransport
Thanks for adding us to your app.

I’m sorry if my reply was insulting to you :pray:
I just need to tell you that this is beyond of our responsibilities and we are not dealing with the user’s custom scenario.
We don’t provide guidance on how to create something, that is not created in our Demo Template. However, I will try to find a solution for your specific case :pray:

Best regards,

Again, I do appreciate your help. This is the only thing that has me spinning in circles, quite literally. Everything else I need to do specific to my business I know how to accomplish but without this particular issue solved, the rest is moot.

Hello, @4pawztransport

I’ve just started an investigation of your application and seems like have found the root cause in your formula:
By default, we receive the data about distance through GOOGLE API in km, so parameter 1000 - meters in 1 km.
After it, we multiply this by the cost per kilometer - 0.25 and add the amount at the start of the trip ( 5$).

In your case, if you want to convert distance in miles, by default, you need to use 1610, not 1000, since 1 ml is 1610 meters.
After it, please add your price per mile - 1,76.

Please try it and let me know about your result.

Best regards,

Changed it as you stated, I even got rid of the per minute rate in the db and still…

Screenshot 2022-11-17 164951

I’ve even cleared my cache as well as used a different browser…it’s still stuck at those numbers.

So I’m now going to tear it apart and find out WHY. I WILL figure it out, it’s what I do best.

Good day.

Since my reply to you has disappeared, my initial instincts were correct.

Hello, @4pawztransport

You reply haven’t dissapeared and I can clearly see it above. Please see this screenshot:

This reply you provided 12 hours ago and nobody removed it :slightly_smiling_face:
It is a single reply we received from you in the last hours.

In case you wrote something else, it seems like it was not posted here.

As for your issue, please note that we discussing it with our Development team, but we need more time to revert with a feedback.

We are interested in figuring it our, so please be sure that we will assist you with this trouble :slightly_smiling_face:
Best regards,

@4pawztransport

We tried to access your application with our Development team in order to check the issue, however, it was noticed that you removed our email from the list of collaborators.
Can you please add us once again?

Also, I would like to note that we decided to optimise this formula, so it would be easier to change it.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

I’m going to work. Good day.

@4pawztransport
As I mentioned earlier, I’m really interested in helping you.

In case you will be able to add us again to your app - let me know.

Best regards,

It was done at 6 am EST

Hello, @4pawztransport
Thanks for letting me know about that.

Сurrently, we are working on optimising the formula for calculating the price for the ride.
Together with that, we will check your application for fixing your issue :pray:

I will revert to you with an update ASAP.
Thanks for the understanding.

Best regards,

Hello, @4pawztransport

As we can see, you are trying to implement MapBox Map plugin to your application:

However, you haven’t purchased and configured it, that means that we can’t test it even in case we will apply some changes to the main formula of calculating.
Can you please let me know if you are planning to use MapBox or Free Google API for receiving the distance to your app?

Best regards,

Hello, @4pawztransport
Thanks for your patience.

Right now, we tried to access your application in order to continue our investigation and describe here some issues, however, it was defined that your application does not exist anymore.
Can you please confirm it, since it is possible that we just encountered a bug from the Bubble side?

Also, we still have questions regarding your Mapbox Map\Google settings :pray:

I will be looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,