Services Plugins FAQs

Stripe marketplace - On Behalf

Thanks @peter3 for feedback, but could you please share the complete setups of your actions as well, because these are important in this case.

As you can see you are the first action in the list.

This all works if I insert the SellerID in the field.

Thanks @peter3,

And we also need to see the full property editor setups of Create a session and Go to checkout actions, as it is shown in our loom:

Thanks!

Shows with SellerID filled in and not and shows what is happening in each case with only that value being changed.

Hi @peter3,

Thanks for this video. In order to make this action work, you have to leave the following fields empty:

So just make it exactly as per our loom, meaning completing only the provided fields.

You don’t need to set an App Fee because by using this call, all the money gets transferred to your platform, so you don’t need to set a fee. And then if you want to transfer the money to the seller, you need to use a separate call. But why to use it this way when you can simply send the money to the seller and set a smaller App Fee so the complete product sale goes to your seller, and you take care of fees. This is just as previously mentioned in this forum thread.

The OnBehalf is simply for business record. Platform gets the money, but in transaction there is specified a seller as beneficiary. But in order for this seller to receive the money, you’ll need to use a separate call. This way, money gets transferred to your platform and Stripe charges a fee, and when you transfer the money to your seller, Stripe charges a fee again.

Thanks

It is clear that you don’t support this model and I will do my own code to handle this then.

I have a second problem in the seller of the service can change the price and by using the ‘manual’ model, this then allow changes to be made or if they do the service for free, then the transaction can be cancelled with no fees.

The fee is a variable as depends upon country and deal done with Stripe.

https://stripe.com/docs/connect/collect-then-transfer-guide

Hi @peter3,

I’m afraid I don’t fully understand this part:

But yes, the fee depends upon country:

Is there any way I can still help you with the OnBehalf feature when creating a session?

Best,

Hey @alexandru - I’m having a somewhat similar issue with this. I’m trying to create a session where our marketplace customers pay our sellers directly. When I set the SellerID in the “Create Session” flow…

…that Session is still being created at the Platform level rather than the Connected Seller level. Is this what’s supposed to be happening here?