Services Plugins FAQs

2 Issues with Keyboard Shortcuts Plugin

I’m new to Zeroqode and am really hoping this could be the “one-stop plugin shop” for all my Bubble needs. (Feel free to use that in your marketing :joy:.)

First I’ll describe my setup, and what I’m trying to accomplish:

• Keyboard shortcut element set to command+enter
  • Triggers a workflow that involves a multiline input and a sequence of events to work with the contents of that multiline input
  • At the end of the workflow, multiline input should be reset and focused again

Issue 1

For some reason, if the user types into the multiline input and hits the keyboard shortcut as soon as they’re done typing, the inputs value is only the first character of the input. It completely misses the rest of the input value.

For example: User types Lorem Khaled Ipsum is a major key to success and hits command+enter, the recorded value of the input is simply L

But if the user waits a few moments after they finish typing and then engage the keyboard shortcut, it works fine.

So something is causing a delay in the multiline input when the keyboard shortcut is active.

Issue 2

I’ve seen this in other forum posts (on Bubble) and it doesn’t seem like a solution has been worked on in years… but I have to try anyways…

The last part of the workflow after they keyboard shortcut is triggered should be to reset the multiline input, but for some reason it doesn’t work.

Unfortunately, unless these two issues can be addressed, it’s a deal breaker for me because the UX in my app is greatly diminished because of them.

Here’s hoping you guys can solve this!

Quick update: I had ChatGPT write me a JS function that I could place in a simple HTML element. Then when it had the same issue, I told ChatGPT what was happening, and it rewrote the code with a fix that worked perfectly.

Seems it just needed a 100ms delay to allow the input value to catch up. This method also allowed the multiline input to be reset at the end of the workflow.

So, I suppose I don’t need this solved as I can just use a script in an HTML element for all my keyboard shortcut needs. But would still be a good idea for you guys to address these issues for those who aren’t as advanced as I am.

Will still be exploring your other plugins (particularly the “Export to…” plugins).

Hi @dustin,
Thank you for providing us with detailed information. We apologize for the delay in our response, as it was over the weekend. :pray:

We were able to replicate the issues on our end, and our development team is working on resolving them. Thank you for bringing them to our attention.

If you need assistance with any other plugins, please let me know.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hello, @dustin and others working on a similar case :slightly_smiling_face:

We wanted to inform you that we have updated the plugin and added a new state called “Triggered Element Value” which will resolve the issue you were facing.

We understand that you may have questions regarding this, and we would be happy to assist you with any concerns you may have. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you require further information or assistance.

Best regards,
Gulce