Services Plugins FAQs

Accessing destination RG's data in drag/drop plugin

I am attempting to set up a Kanban board whereby a user can drag/drop individual cards between columns. These columns are each different RG’s that pull data from the same table in the database, but are filtered on a State field (e.g. - To Do, In Progress, Done, and Archived). When moving elements between columns, I’d like to access the target column’s state so that I can update the state of the element during the drop action; however, I don’t see a way I can do this. I’m only seeing to the original RG’s data and can’t figure out a good way to update the state of the RG element (as a result, it stays in the same column because the State field is never updated).

Is something like this possible with this plugin?

Hi @2706mason,

Apologies for the late reply, as we were trying to test your use case!

Unfortunately, this is not possible because the plugin was not designed to work like this. To achieve the Kanban fnctionality you can use the example provided on the demo page :
https://zeroqode-demo-23.bubbleapps.io/draggable_rg

The Kanban Board can be built using our plugin only if you are having repeating groups, with which data sources are different database tables (as shown below in the screenshots)

Sorry we were not of help in this issue of yours :frowning:

We would be more than happy to help if you have any more questions to us!

Have a good rest of your day :pray: