Services Plugins FAQs

Add "Quantity" in Clicky template

Hi Team. I want to add a Quantity field to the order made in Clicky template. Currently we can only order 1 item of each product. What is the optimum way to include a Quantity.

And if I already have items added to the cart but then add more items from another store, the items are clubbed together. I can’t understand the logic behind this. Also, on the current-order page, the orders are displayed under the 1st store’s name.

Hi, @sharma.himanshu0608!

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you please clarify here a bit more like steps to reproduce them and screenshots to help you better. As I can see you are able to select several items from onу product:

Regarding this question, let me check this out with the development team and I’ll get back to you asap.

Best, Julia.

You’re right that we can add multiple products but the quantity of the selected products can only be 1. For example I can add Sushi California and Sushi Philadelphia Roll to the cart, I can’t add 2 Sushi California to the cart. I cannot update the quantity of each product

I see now, thanks for your clarification! Let me check this either and I’ll get back to you asap.

Best, Julia.

Hi, there!

Hope you are doing well!

So, I have checked and found out that this kind of changes need to be done with bubble logic behind and, I’m afraid, I cannot provide you with the exact solution on this matter, because it is beyond our support services. But I can give you a hint or direction on how to implement this. So, first of all, you need to add in the database two things Cart Item which will contain product and quantity field, Cart with the list of Cart Items. From the Order table remove the field- Item (list of products) and add the filed- Card.
The logic of the process is: when the user chooses the product and press on the button you verify whether he has or not the cart. If he doesn’t have - then create a Cart, If he has- then make changes to a Cart. The second step is checking whether he has or not the Card Item. If he doesn’t have- then create a Cart Item, If he has - then make changes to a Cart item. The third step is adding the created or changed Cart Item into Cart.

Hope this helps!
Best, Julia.

I’m reaching out with an update. We have fixed some minor bugs in the template. Now you are able to make an order by adding the items from one store only (as supposed to work earlier). If you like to order the items from another store you will need to finish the current order or clear the cart. Please visit the Live Demo page to test it.

Best, Julia.

Thanks for the update @Julia. I had tailored it according to the requirements. Nevertheless, do I need to update the version of the template etc to get the updated template?

Hey, @sharma.himanshu0608!

Oh, I see. I am not sure if it will be convenient for you, but anyway, to get the updated template you need to create a new app and select it from the dropdown list. In your case, you can peep settings that were done in the updated template and manually recreate them in your current app.

Hope this helps!
Best, Julia.

Hi, on this matter has the quantity issue been resolved as I need people to be able to shop for more than one product.

Hello, @jdominguez. Thanks for reaching out.
Please accept my apologies for the late reply.

We were not changing the template to add the item quantity feature. To add an item quantity, you need to edit the template logic manually.

Let me please provide you with a few suggestions on this matter:

1. you will need to add a new data type to the Order data table (type = number)
  2. on the RG Current order items group you can add 2 icons (+ and -) that will change the number of ordered items. Use the action “make changes to a thing” current item quantity +1 function.

For being able to add this functionality, we recommend you to have solid Bubble skills and an understanding of working with Bubble data.

I hope it helps. :pray: