Services Plugins FAQs

Adobe Captivate into the Learny Template?

I’m looking to replace the Wistia hosted videos in the Learny template with Adobe Captivate projects. These projects are basically interactive videos saved in an HTML5 format. Is this possible through the template? Will I need to use iFrames or a plugin? Any help would be appreciated!

Hello, @houih
Thanks for reaching out.

First of all, allow me to mention that in order to create such functionality, you should gain solid Bubble skills because replacing one element with a few others from another platform requires some experience :slightly_smiling_face:
Due to the fact that all our templates are fully customizable, you can change almost any functional and design part.

It is possible by using an API connector and API of the Adobe Captivate. Please find this documentation for this API: Reference manual for developers who would like to develop/integrate enterprise applications using Adobe Captivate Prime

Also, you should place the HTML element on your page. Please consider using any HTML5 plugin, which you will find in the plugin’s tab.

As for the correct using an API, please carefully analyze this documentation:

In case you will face additional questions, please let me know.
Best regards,

Thanks for the write up! Can you explain the purpose of APIs to embed the Adobe Captivate? If the projects were already hosted somewhere else, such as Google Cloud, will an HTML 5 plug in be enough?

Hello, @kamesh
Thanks for your question.

API calls are a way to get data from external services or trigger some actions on the service’s end (send a message, charge a card, etc.).
So, you are placing the data (in your case video) on the foreign platform. In order to receive and display it within your Bubble application, you need to create a “bridge” between these platforms.

Unfortunately, the HTML5 plugin can’t retrieve the information from the Adobe Captivate platform.
There is no plugin, which works directly with the Adobe services.

Hope my answer was helpful for you.
Best regards,

Hi there @Ecaterina

Just to clarify, I think you’ve miss understood the original poster’s question.

What Adobe Captivate does is effectively create a flat file website in a folder, subfolder, file. The video referred to is not hosted by Adobe. Captivate just creates a folder which you can upload to any web hosting space. Adobe Captivate Prime is a separate product. Captivate Prime is Adobe’s own SaaS Learning Management System. Adobe Captivate creates the content you then host on Prime.

Captivate not only creates HTML5 websites, but can also export in something called SCORM which is merely an industry standard for exporting content that can be imported to most professional Learning Management Systems.

I think what the original poster is trying to do is export content in HTML 5 format and then upload and view the exported HTML 5 in a Bubble page in this template.

My hunch is you’d need to upload the HTML 5 to something like AWS and then embed from AWS.

If it’s possible to upload flat file HTML 5 to Bubble direct, that would be great.

I hope this helps clarify the original question.

Hello, @dm.oswald
Thanks for these details. I haven’t fully explored the features of Adobe Captivate :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

In case Adobe Captivate generated the files, which are exported on the device or any storage (like AWS, Wasabi, etc.), you indeed can upload them with the HTML5 element in your Bubble app.
However, in case you are willing to use any parameter from the Adobe platform - the API connector will be required.

So, taking into consideration the mentioned above details, it is possible to upload files through HTML elements\plugin in the Bubble app.

Hope it will be helpful for you.
Best regards,