Services Plugins FAQs

Advanced Audio Player with even more advanced features

Would it be possible to make the “Advanced Audio Player” even more awesome by adding these two functionalities?

• make it fully compatible with native backend playing & media controls. so that when the site is used on a mobile device such as iPhone and the phone is locked, you can control the player and more importantly, it automatically starts the next song when one finishes

• add the waveform capabilities from the Waveform Audio Player which I believe is also a zeroqode plug-in now (?)

thanks for considering.

al

1 Like

Hello @ahug, :wave:

Thank you for your suggestions for enhancing the plugin. I will add them to the Plugin ideas, so our development team will check if its feasible. If it’s possible, we may consider adding them in future updates of the plugin.

In the meantime, could you please provide more details on these features? Specifically, for the native backend playing & media controls, are you looking for any particular behaviors or controls beyond the usual play, pause, skip, and volume adjustments? And for the waveform capability, are there specific visual or interactive elements you’re interested in?

Your input will help us better understand your needs and prioritize potential new features accordingly.

Thank you for your contribution, and looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,
Daniel.

hey, thanks for your response.

The specific features I’m looking for in backend playing are:
play, pause, play next song, play previous song and most importantly, automatically play next song when song is ended. display cover artwork in iOS lock screen would be a bonus.

For the waveform capabilities, the Waveform Audio Player that I mentioned does a great job at creating the waveform and saving them as a json in the DB for faster loading. If Advanced Audio Player could do this is would be great. To display the waveform it would be nice if it was a separate element that can be placed anywhere, one that is not specifically tied to the player itself. So it could be used within RGs that contain multiple audio files creating a look like this:

1 Like

Hello @ahug, :wave:

Thanks for listing the features you’re looking for in the backend playing capabilities. Regarding automatically playing the next song and the other functionalities, I will need to check with our developers about the feasibility within our native services (not sure if that would be possible). If you’re using another native wrapper, please note that we can’t guarantee the plugin will work in environments outside our own wrapper.

For the waveform display, we currently have plugins like the Audio Video Player with a waveform, and we also offer the Waveform Audio Player that can create waveforms. Currently, we do not have plans to integrate waveform capabilities into the Advanced Audio Player.

You can consider using one of the available plugins with the waveform feature. If you need further information to help you choose, feel free to ask!

Best regards,
Daniel.