Services Plugins FAQs

Advanced Multi Uploader is only uploading one file and another issue

I have an existing form I’m using to collect some basic information email, some text, and I need the user (not logged in) to be able to upload multiple files. I’ve used the other multi-file plugin with no issue, but didn’t like the interface, so I purchased this Advanced Multi Uploader.

I know I’m missing something really simple, but I am not able to get more than just one file uploaded via the uploader to store in the table. If I try to upload more than one file, it is only storing the first file uploaded via the workflow I have for the submit button. To have the files uploaded before the submit button doesn’t work for what I need, because the other data isn’t collected.

Any help or documentation or resources would be much appreciated! I did read this documentation, but it wasn’t much help.

Hi @gregmberry,

Thanks for reaching out. It depends on what state you are using in order to save into your database.

If you are using the 's File state:

It is going to save only 1 file, indeed.

If you want to save all of the files, just use the appropriate state:

It is called All files url.

Best,
Alex

Thanks, Alex. I appreciate you replying.

I still must be missing something… I’m able to upload more than one file at a time, but it’s not letting me display them in a repeating group.

This is how it is setup in the workflow for the submit button on the form.

This is how it is setup in the database:

I uploaded two test PDFs.
It shows the second file in the file field in my table. And when you click “see” it opens a link that is one combined link of both files (that of course does not open).

Then, on the page that shows the details for the form submission, it is doing the same thing, combining the two files into one long url.

Here is the repeating group setup:

Here is the link setup (within the url):

Here is what shows on the page:

When you click on the link, it takes you to: https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1617060972984x249804077606702750/TestPDF1.pdf,%20//s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1617060974132x848399576660601600/TestPDF2.pdf

Any additional help would be awesome. Thanks again.

Hi @gregmberry,

Thanks for feedback. You see, the All files url contains a list of URLs, but you are storing into a single row in your File field in the database. It is not creating a different Thing in your database for each file.

Perhaps it would be best to change the File field:

Into List of Files instead.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alex

I have tried that, and tried it again. I have no problem getting things uploaded, it’s the displaying side that is the issue that a lot of people seemingly are having.

Here is a more detailed post I posted to the Bubble.io forum.

I’m really desperate for a solution or instructions to help me do what I would think is something pretty basic.

Thanks for your help.

The way I approach something similar is to have a separate File Data Type with fields for the File Name, UUID, URL (and anything else that may be relative) as well as reference to the parent object (in your case a bid request). Then, in the workflow, I save each file independently to the File table and in the repeating group, you would then search for Files with the appropriate Bid Request Id.

Maybe this will help.

Hi guys @MikeH @gregmberry,

As I can see, it has been already solved by a community pal here:

Best,
Alex