Services Plugins FAQs

Advanced Rich Text Editor - Mentions performance

Hi

As part of a project, I’m now building a forum style area with categories/topics/posts etc. As I’d like people to be able to use images and @ mentions I’m looking at using the ZQ Rich Text Editor.

The project already has over 5,000 users though (and growing by approx 50 per day) so I’m wondering how well it will handle a large amount of users for the mentions.

Has anyone got any experience of this and examples of the amount of users that it can handle?

Thanks!

Hey @richard7, thanks for reaching out to us, and thanks for your interest in our plugin :slight_smile:

The plugin has the option to add mentions inside the editor, therefore the described use case is theoretically possible. The only concern is indeed how good will be the performance of the searched results.
Please follow the plugin’s documentation article and read more about the fields that are responsible for the adding/setting this feature - https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/zq-rte-plugin-2.0#plugin-proprieties

Unfortunately, our demo does not allow us to create such a use case, therefore I would best recommend you to subscribe to the plugin for one day and test it on your side.
In case if you subscribe to a plugin for one day you’ll end up being charged for this plugin fee / 31.

Hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Have a great rest of the week!

Thanks @Greg.P . As you say, I guess the only way to see the performance is to actually try it within my development. I’ll do so in the way you suggest, and thanks for the help :+1:

2 Likes

Most welcome, @richard7! Hope it will work as expected :slight_smile:

Please let us know what are the results once you will test it on your side!
Thanks in advance.

Typically, today is the day I’ve started to try it and it looks like your documentation site is down :grimacing: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/zq-rte-plugin-2.0

On the plus side, the performance actually seems ok with the initial test I’ve done with mentions and over 5,000 users…

1 Like

@richard7,

Sorry about the issue with our docs. Now it should work fine :slightly_smiling_face:
Please check it now.

@kate Thanks! I saw that the docs were back online against yesterday.

I’ve asked a couple of questions regarding the plugin over on the Bubble forum. I wonder if you may be able to help answer them ZQ Rich Text Editor - New Plugin From Zeroqode - #199 by ZeroqodeSupport - Showcase - Bubble Forum

Sure thing, @richard7! One of our team will get back to you on Bubble forum today :slightly_smiling_face:
Cheers!