Services Plugins FAQs

Advanced Twitter API - Retrieving Next Page of Results

When retrieving a list of friends, there is a limit of 200 users. How can I retrieve a full list of users, above 200? There is mention of it in the Cursor documentation pictured below, but I am not sure how to achieve this. Thank you for your help in advance!

1 Like

Hello @masaki_takamatsu

Thanks for reaching out.

Let us please investigate your request and I’ll get back to you in the nearest time.

Regards,

Kirill

Hi, @masaki_takamatsu @Kirill
Any updates? I’m suffering same issue so awaiting @Kirill 's reply

We are still investigating the possibility of showing more than 100 results per page, once the investigation is completed, I’ll get back to you with a reply @nakanishi.tatsuhiko1

Hope for your understanding on this matter.

Regards,

Kirill

1 Like

Thank you @Kirill !
It would be totally appreciated if I can get full list of Friends/Followers of a user anyhow. Any solution will be welcome like “showing more than 100 results per page” or “saving 200 results at each page and turn pages until last”.
I am awaiting your response.

Thanks for your patience @nakanishi.tatsuhiko1

We’ve pushed an update that now allows users to show more than 100 results per page. Please upgrade to Version 1.15.0 to see the changes.

To implement this feature in your app, please follow the outlined setup:

1. Get followers action allows to show the followers of a particular user. You’ll need to create a state where you’ll specify how many followers/friends you would like to show. In the count field, you would put the number of users you would like to be viewed per page.

In case you would like to see the full setup, please check out this demo page: Zeroqode-demo-20 | Bubble Editor. There are “<” and “>” elements that might be useful for you to show more results, have a look at the workflows to replicate it in your app.

Hopefully, that helps slight_smile:

Regards,

Kirill

1 Like

@Kirill
Thank you very much for your response!!! marvelous update…

However, when I run the workflow, the popup comes up as below.

Why does this plug-in call Google Geocode?
Actually, from 3rd Oct, the usage of Google Geocode have jumped up RADICALLY on my app even without using any geographic data, so I killed Google Geocode’s API keys. This high number of calls is an issue for my app although I don’t know if this is related to this plug-in because it has been on my app before 3rd Oct…
As I would like to get Friends list without calling the API, could you kindly help me?

Please set the “Google Geocode API” and “Google Map API” keys. Like in the attachment. Settings → General → General services API Keys. It should resolve the problem. Currently it is only possible to get friends list via the action of the plugin, and the plugin does use the “Google Geocode API”.

In case you have any other questions, just let me know.

Regards,

Kirill

@Kirill
Thank you for your instruction, although, as I wrote above, my problem is the high calls of the Google Geocode API.
Would it be possible for you to plan to update your plugin to get friends list without calling the Geocode API?Or is it theorically impossible because of Twitter itself?? Sorry for silly question, but I’m not understanding why the plugin need geographic data in order to get friends list.

@Kirill
【Additional Question】

Regarding your kind update 1.15.0, may I confirm if it got possible to show more than 200 results per page?
I would have wanted to confirm by myself on your demo page, but I can’t confirm that because of popup on your demo-page as below.

Actually, on my app, the plugin gets full-list of Friends only when a user has less than 200 friends. When a user has more, the plugin gets just only 20 friends.
The version of the plugin is the latest one.

Could kindly you confirm please??

The limit is 200, but you can use pagination to show more, see the example on demo page, everything works as expected now. Would you mind trying again? As we have done a recent update that should fix the problem with Google Geocode API

Also, friends are the people a certain person follows. For example, if Elon Musk follows 123 people, it won’t show more than 120 results unless this person has more Twitter friends. You can try this example on our demo. You can write a Twitter name with more than 200 friends, e.g s1mpleo, he has 300+ friends.

Hopefully, that makes sense :slight_smile:

@Kirill

Sorry for belated reply. I was checking if the update and the problem with Google Geocode API was totally solved! It’s fantastic and thank you very much for your quick action.

Regardig friends list, I was thinking that your update would enable us to show full-list at once, however, now I understood that is not possible and still need to repeat pagination until last. On my app, I will manege this problem with repeating a backend workflow which turns page forth one by one.

Thank you for your support with patience!

Glad to hear that the update has resolved the issue with the Google Geocode API :slight_smile:

In case you have any other questions, just let me know!

Have a great day.