Services Plugins FAQs

Agora Audio feedback/echo

Hey. Agora demo/ my own setup as instructed is causing echo/ audio feedback when I start stream. Anyone else using Agora and experiencing similar issue?

Hi @koechamos51, thanks for reaching out.

We have tested the plugin demo page and we are not encountering any issues with echo/ audio feedback.
Allow me to recommend few steps that may help you to identify the cause of echo effect:

• please check the audio settings (input & output) of your device & browser;
  • please see if same issues you will get using a different audio output (headphones instead of boxes for example).
  • try also to check the same from a different device.

In case the issue will persist, please provide more information, like:

• app settings screenshots;
  • the preconditions (related element settings and workflow), for reproducing this issue;
  • Loom video record of reproducing your issue + how and when you receive an error, etc.

This information will help us to investigate and resolve your case.

Thank you for understanding!

Regards,

I just run your demo as host and I get the echo. Happened even in Safari iOS. Mine is Chrome on Windows.

Since I am running your demo I suppose none of the above is required for you to resolve as you can just check your own demo if it has issues.

Hi @koechamos51, sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.

Please be sure that devices that you use for the test don’t interact by sound.
The echo appears when the test is going from the same room (physical) by using 2 devices - it creates a loop where one device is detecting the sound from another and creating an echo.

To avoid it, please use an audio output that will not be heard by another device microphone, headphones for example.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Hi @Serg, I must admit that I encounter the same issue raised by @koechamos51.

I tested it both on desktop (Macbook Pro Safari + Chrome) and iPhone (Safari).

Does the only alternative is for the user to use headphones? Unfortunately, this is not a good alternative for my app because most of my users do not have headphones will using the app.

Thank you for your support,
Louis

Hi @louis, thanks for reaching out.
The key point of getting echo - is the presence of physical proximity between the device that emits sound and the device that receives it.
In case you are testing the Live demo page on one device - the sound captured by the microphone will be immediately emitted by the speaker (heard again by the microphone, and so on), creating a continuous echo.
Same for two devices, it they are placed physically close to each other.

Example: you are testing the plugin demo page using 2 devices - mobile and pc, at the same time, within the same apartment. If you enable the microphone on both devices - you will hear an echo. Disable micro on one of 2 devices - the echo will disappear.

To avoid this effect, please separate the sound source (speakers) from the microphone (by having distance between them or making the sound volume lower a bit).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hi Serg,

That’s pretty clear now, thank you for your feedback.

I would love to know then if this plugin makes sense for individual recording. Here is the scenario:

• The user connects on the record page
  • Record its audio (it is then stored through S3)
  • The player page opens
  • The user listens and share with a link the audio player (public) page

In my use case I just need individuals to record their audios, and share it for later listening.
Does it makes sense with this plugin?

Thanks again for your time and support

Hi @louis, thanks for the question.

Yes, this scenario is a possible one with the Agora plugin. Kindly note that implementing such a setup would require a corresponding level of Bubble skills.

Please use the following documentation for reference: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/agora-api-connector-plugin/agora-streaming-component/agora-cloud-recording-for-streaming-component

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hi Serg,

Thank you for this, actually I already started to follow this tutorial:

• I subscribed to Zeroqode plugin
  • I created my agora account,
  • I set up my S3.
  • I set up the authentification
  • I read the complete Agora’s documentation
  • I went through all the workflows of your demo app (and thank you also for this)

I know that I have to set the mode or (path)mode to individual and not mix but I would like to set the streamTypes to 0 but I don’t find it in your plugin. I can’t be charged for the agora video stream which is too expensive in my revenue model.

I was thinking to start developing my own plugin but it seems that I can achieve this according to you. I would love to know how.

I really appreciate your support and quick replies.

Many thanks,
Louis

Hi @louis, thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delayed reply (due to weekend).

Allow me to check this point with the developer team, and come with a feedback asap.

Regards,

Hi @Serg,

While you feedback me on this I have another question for you:

Is it mandatory to start a stream to record it ? I thought that it was enough to use the three API calls:

• Get ressource ID
  • Start recording
  • Stop recording

But it doesn’t seem to work and the feedback response of the stop API is 435 (empty file).

Kindly

Hi @louis, thanks for the question.

Yes, to start a recording, it should meet two requirements:

• to start the stream
  • to have viewers

Please see the plugin demo editor for examples of workflows in this case: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=agora_streamer&id=zeroqode-demo-19&tab=tabs-1

Hope it helps.

Regards,