Services Plugins FAQs

Agora plugin mirrored rear camera bug

On a mobile device, the rear camera is being mirrored when it should not be as this makes it nearly impossible to record the video.

As per the Agora docs, the rear camera should not be mirrored by default

Here’s a screenshot from my phone, notice that the text is mirrored. Thank you

Hello, @danielfrenkel!

Thanks for reaching out.
Please allow me to check this question internally. I will revert to you with the feedback when the plugin will be analyzed fully.
Thanks for the understanding.

Regards,

Hello, @danielfrenkel!

Please provide us with additional information - Do you have Android or iOS? And what kind of browser did you use for the plugin Agora?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Regards,

Hi! I am using Chrome on Android 12

Hello, @danielfrenkel!

Thank you for the provided information and my apologies for the long reply!

Please be informed that we have updated the “Agora” plugin: the mirrored display on the mobile device was fixed. Now you can use the highest Version: 1.30.0 for your application.

Please be so kind and send us feedback if’s solving your use case :pray:
And of course, if are any additional questions, let me know :slight_smile:

Regards, Valery

Thank you so so much! I am so impressed with your support and appreciate how quickly you’ve been able to push these updates. So thank you.

I have a big favor to ask of you again. Unfortunately, the plugin is missing a big feature that makes it unusable for our application at the moment, and I would be so grateful if you could help implement it.

We need to have Agora output an .mp4 file with each recording.

In order to do this, we need the plugin to record in composite mode and output an .mp4 as per this documentation

https://docs.agora.io/en/cloud-recording/cloud_recording_composite_mode?platform=RESTful

I know you’ve already done so much to help me, and I appreciate it so much. Can you help do this as well? It is the final piece of our app that needs to be implemented. Everything else works so well but we cannot continue without this feature

Thank you so much again for your help :pray:

Hello, @danielfrenkel!

Thanks for your pleasant feedback and I’m happy that our plugin is working without issues in your application! :slight_smile:

Definitely, our plugins are developing permanently, and we continue to update and improve our products. Unfortunately, the plugin “Agora” doesn’t have such a feature as a composite mode as of today. But I have passed on this suggestion to our development department. Once this feature will be added to our plugin I’ll definitely let you know, but for the moment we don’t have a guarantee or time frame on this matter.

My grand apologies for the inconvenience. :pray:

If I can help with another question please let me know!
All the best!

Regards, Valery

@levon

I know you’re very busy, but I’ve been thinking of building my web app for years but did not have the time or skills to do it. With this plugin, I’ve been able to build 95% of my app in just 1 week, and just need this last feature (composite recording with mp4 output) implemented in the Agora plugin. I will gladly buy any pizza and beer for the devs who implement this feature.

Can you please help me out? I would appreciate this so so so much. Thank you

Hello, @danielfrenkel
Let me jump in this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

Please allow me to share with you some details regarding the Composite recording and our possibilities on this matter.

Firstly, please note that the main goal of the Composite recording - multi-threaded recording. It perfectly suits the Conference recording. So, in case the plugin obtains a possibility to record the multiple flows, it will be recorded in the MP4 format.

In our plugin, we have only the possibility to record the Streaming - the single-flow recording. So, in case the composite recording is used for the streaming, the plugin is searching for different flows and records a silence.
I’m afraid that creating the Composite recording in our plugin means that we need to re-write the plugin’s code.

We noted the idea to add the Composite recording for future plugin updates, however, it requires a lot of time.
We for sure will notify you once it will be possible and available :pray:

I’m sorry for this inconvenience and hope that the plugin will match your needs anyway.
Let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Best regards,

Hi Ecaterina,

Thank you for your explanation of everything. I completely understand that rewriting all of this is not worth the trouble. I reached out to Agora and may have found a solution.

It looks like they have a feature in beta mode for just this scenario that should be simple to implement. But it looks like you will have to modify your plugin just a bit to make it work. You will need to allow editing of the scene parameter during the Get Resource ID step.

{
“cname”: “https://xxxxx”,
“uid”: “527841”,
“clientRequest”: {
“resourceExpiredHour”: 24,
“scene”: 0
}
}

Here is my conversation with Agora:

[1]We have this feature called the delayed transcoding, after it is turned on, the recording service will transcode the recording file to generate an MP4 file within 24 hours after the end of the recording, and upload the MP4 file to the third-party cloud storage you specify. Currently this feature is beta phase and it is not released publicly, also we only deployed the servers in Asia region, hence when you use this feature, the performance and stability could not be well guaranteed.

[2] Also note that this feature doesn’t produce the mp4 right away after the recording stops.
If you want to try this feature, you need to please specify scene as 2 in acquire body.

[1]the MP4 will automatically appear in the S3 bucket?
Yes, it will upload the MP4 file to the third-party cloud storage you specify but it will take time since our server in only deployed in Asia region.

[2]There is no additional configuration required?
Yes just before you start recording, you must call the acquire method requests a resource ID for cloud recording. For transcoding delay it needs to be scene set as 2.

Hello, @danielfrenkel
Thanks for this part of your communication with the team.

Please allow me to note that features, which are still in beta mode, cannot been implemented by the third parties.

As you can see from this answer, the feature is not available publicly, and moreover, available only for the Asia region.

Thus, unfortunately, the result for this situation remains the same, so currently, Composite recording and MP4 files are not available features.

We will let you know once they will be available within our plugin.
Thank you!

Best regards,