Services Plugins FAQs

Air Calandar Event's Data Source

I would like to use Air Calendar to show my ‘AbsencePeriods’ data type records.
The AbsencePeriod has StartDate, EndDate and AbsenceReason
AbsenceReason has Name (text) and Color
I would like to put the AbsenceReason Name in the Air Calendar’s ‘Event title field’ and AbsenceReason Color in ‘Event background color’ but I am not offered the AbsenceReason, just ‘slug’ and ‘unique id’.
The bubble.io Full Calendar lets me use ‘Current event’s AbsenceReason’s Name’ for its Event Caption.
Am I missing something obvious or is it not possible to join 2 tables for the data source?

Hi @chris7, thanks for reaching out.

Regretfully, Air Calendar doesn’t support the possibility to use 2 tables as one source.

Please let me know if there is anything else about our plugin that I can help with.

Hi Serg.
Thank you for the quick response.

In my case, I would have to store the AbsenceReason Color in the AbsencePeriod table.
So if the user were to change the color of an AbsenceReason I would have to update every AbsencePeriod record using that Reason.
Which could be 10’s of thousands of records. I think this would be a dealbreaker for me.
Or can you advise of a way I can get round this problem, as I would like to use your plug-in (which I have bought).

@chris7, would it be convenient to share a screencast (I suggest to use the Loom tool) with the desired setup? It would allow us to understand and provide the required support much faster.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Hi Serg. Thanks for the offer.
Is tomorrow convenient for you?
I’m in the UK.

Hi @chris7, thanks for your reply.
There is no need for a direct stream. The Loom tool allows you to record a screencast with the mentioned case.

Regards,

Hi Serg.
Please see video: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

I realise I could embed my AbsenceReason.Name and AbsenceReason.Colour in my AbsencePeriod record, but because the AbsenceReason Name and Colour can be changed by the User, I don’t see that as an option for me. There could be 10s of thousands of records to update if the colour is changed.

Hi @chris7, thanks for the provided video.

Regretfully, these fields don’t support dynamic values or other data types (like indicate absence reason data type as a title source). This restriction relates to the Bubble platforms capacity, thus we can’t influence it somehow. Sorry about that.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with.

Regards,

Thanks Serg.
I can set the Event Caption dynamically in Full Calendar to the AbsenceReason data type. So I wonder why not Air Calendar?

@chris7, thanks for your reply.

I’ve passed this moment to developer team consideration. They will check how feasible/possible would be to add such a feature in future plugin updates.

If any news will become available in this regard, we will let you know asap :pray:

Regards

Thanks Serg.
For what it’s worth, I think the Air Calendar looks great and has many excellent features. But I see this Data Source issue as a big problem for my use case.

1 Like