Services Plugins FAQs

Air Chart Plugin - Problem with Real Data and more than 3 series

Hello guys,

thx for a great work on Air Chart plugin! I use the paid version of it and really love it! :blush: However, today I noticed a problem that hinders me in the further development of my application: if I want to display more than 3 series in a bar chart, I use “Append new series” action within “Chart is drawn” workflow as suggested by the documentation. And it works, but unfortunately, thereby, the chart loses it real-time property. So, if a user creates a new point in the database that should be displayed on the chart, it is not visible until the user reloads the page. It is quite strange behavior because usually Air Chart charts are real-time and react immediately to the changes in the database.

Is it a bug? Or is there any workaround?

For my app I really need a bar chart with 5 series that are real-time.

Best and thx in advance

Paul

Hello @paul.springer2403,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I’ve conducted some tests and was able to replicate the issue you described. Interestingly, this seems to be specific to the Bar Chart, other charts are working fine with “live changes” after new series are appended. I’ve forwarded all the necessary information to our development team for further investigation and to find a resolution.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Could you also inform us which plugin you are using, Lite or Pro? This will help us prioritize the implementation of the fix accordingly.

Thank you once again for bringing this matter to our attention. We look forward to your response. :pray:

Best regards,
Stefan

Hello @Stephan,
Thank you very much for a quick reply and your help! I’m using the Pro version.
Best
Paul

1 Like

Hello @paul.springer2403,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we truly appreciate it. :hugs:

Today, we’ve released of a new plugin version that introduces several enhancements, that include the option to render each line as dotted for some Charts, and the addition of decimal numbers when the Y-axis has smaller values.

Your request regarding live changing the chart values is presently under review by our development team, and I will inform you as soon as we have any updates.

If you have any further questions or suggestions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out. :pray:

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead!

Best regards,
Stefan

Hello @Stephan,

thx for the update! I hope the bug with non-real-time values in bar charts with more than 3 series can be also resolved soon since I need it to work properly for our next release in 2-3 weeks.

Best and a great day

Paul

1 Like

Hello @paul.springer2403

Thank you for your message.

Rest assured, we’re working on the resolution of the mentioned inquiry, and anticipate having it fixed well before the 2-3 week timeframe. We’re committed to ensuring that the update seamlessly addresses various use cases.

We appreciate your keen observation and collaboration. :pray:

Best regards,
Stefan

1 Like

Thank you very much😊

1 Like