Services Plugins FAQs

Air Date Picker - how to clear date properly

Having trouble using the plugin to do what I figured would be a straightforward and typical use-case action.

I have the datepicker in a repeating group, though it might be that the user wants to not select a date at all. I have the buttons set so that it has “clear” and “ok”, and then try using the “Airpicker value has changed” to initiate the saving of the selected date (which may be blank, or not) to the related thing.

However, since this is in a repeating group, it seems to trigger it on all instances of the date-picker, wiping the date for everything else in the RG.

How exactly can I set things so that if no date is selected, then it simply inserts a blank date in the relevant “Things” field, without clearing the date on every other item in the RG? Feels like it would be better if I had access to the “Ok” buttons workflow rather than having a generic “when a datepicker is changed” action since there’s no way to discriminate which datepicker I am referring to.

Thanks,

Hi @slagarthecruel8,
Thank you for your reaching out :slightly_smiling_face:

Would it be convenient for you to provide more details regarding your use case?

Namely, screenshots and screencasts of your workflow setup, plugin element, the issue you see, and the expected result, for screencast recording I can suggest using the Loom tool.

Please record a video in step-by-step mode with the browser’s console enabled, in case there are any error messages there, and share a link with us so we can understand better your use case.

These details will help us reproduce your setup on our side and look into it.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your reply. :pray:
All the best,