Services Plugins FAQs

Air Date / Time Picker Issue

Whenever I clear the date picker (both via the Clear button and via a backend workflow to clear the selected dates), the placeholder text is not shown upon clearing.

Am I doing this wrong or is this a bug? Setup is below:

1 Like

Hello @2706mason, :wave:

I’ve set up a test page replicating the use case you mentioned: Seanhootsdemopro | Bubble Editor When clearing the date picker through a backend workflow to clear selected dates the placeholder text reappears as expected on our side, please see a short loom video with the demo: placeholder after clear dates workflow action | Loom

This suggests that the issue may not be with the plugin itself, it might be helpful to compare your setup with the one on the test page to spot any differences.

Thank you for your cooperation. :pray:

Best regards,
Daniel.

1 Like

I fixed it by forcing a default value on page load for the date pickers (even though it was set to auto-bind, letting that set it by default wasn’t working quite right all the time).

1 Like

That’s a clever workaround! I’m glad to hear you found a solution. Thanks for sharing your approach, it might help others facing similar challenges. If there’s anything else you need assistance with, feel free to reach out. Great job troubleshooting!

Best regards,
Daniel.

Daniel, it turns out that this solution is not working as intended either. Here’s the scenario:

• On a page I have two elements that contain two fields (each) that use the date/time picker to set their value: Start Date and Due Date. One element is a sidebar while the other is a pop-up (to view the same sidebar content in a larger frame).
  • All date/time picker elements use auto-binding on the parent element. This means that two Start Date elements point to the same database field and two Due Date elements point to the same database field.
  • When I open the sidebar, the start/date elements do not populate. If I refresh the page with the sidebar already open, the dates appear as expected.
  • When I open the pop-up from the sidebar, the start/date elements DO populate correctly every time.

I’ve tried copy/pasting the elements from the popup into the sidebar to ensure 100% that all fields are configured the same and the same issue persists. Any idea what could be going on here?

Hi @2706mason, :wave:

Thank you for reaching out. Given the specific nature of your use case and the complexity of the issue you’re encountering, it would be immensely helpful if you could provide us with access to your test page where the problem persists. For this please add our support@zeroqode.com email as a collaborator of your app (disregard the warning, our email can be added to the collaborator list even if your app is on the Free plan). And please let me know the page name where the issue is found. With access to the page, we’ll be able to investigate the issue more thoroughly and provide you with a tailored solution.

Alternatively, if you’re unable to provide access, could you please create a step-by-step Loom video demonstrating the problem? This would allow us to visually understand the issue and provide guidance accordingly.

Once we have access to your test page or the Loom video, we’ll be in better position to identify the root cause of the issue and provide you with a resolution.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Daniel.

Sure thing! I’ve DM’d you the details. We can continue the convo there.

1 Like

Thank you for sending over the details through DM. We’ll continue our conversation there to keep your information secure and focus on resolving the issue.

Please expect a message from us shortly as we review the details you’ve provided.

I appreciate your cooperation and patience as we work on this.

Best regards,
Daniel.