Services Plugins FAQs

Air Date/Time Picker - not closing on mobile

I’m running into an issue with having the time picker close automatically when elements outside the picker are pressed. It is working properly on a desktop, but in the mobile version, the picker remains open.

Any ideas on how to get the picker to close once the time has been selected?

Thank you.
Chris

Hi @cpallatroni,
Thanks for reaching out!

Please make sure the “Auto Close” field is enabled in the plugin element.

In case the issue still persists, please share the details of your setup (element properties screenshots, video recordings).

Looking forward to your reply. :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Gulce

Hi, I received an email and responded back mid-Oct but have not heard from anyone since. Here are a few screen shots of my setup. Once again, this is working properly on the desktop. The auto close was checked, so good there.

Hi @cpallatroni,

First of all, please accept our apologies for this. Sometimes, some messages might be delivered to the spam folder, unfortunately. In such cases, you can also reach us via forum or intercom. :pray:t2:

As for the issue, I’ve checked the plugin once again with “only timepicker” type and there seems to be an issue with auto close field. However, the issue is reproducing on desktop but not on mobile on our end. It’s quite strange behaviour as it turns out to be the opposite on your side. I’ve passed it to our developer team for investigation and once I have any news I’ll get back to you.

Also, I would like to kindly ask you to provide us with access to your app for investigation. This can save some time for all of us as the behaviour is different (we will create a separate test page to perform plugin tests on it, and copy the page where you have faced the issue to test it out)

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best,
Gulce

Thank you for the reply. I have added you as a collaborator, please let me know if you have any issues.

The two pages that have the time picker are the habit and mindset pages.

When in preview mode, you can access the creation of the habit or mindset post by clicking “Post” at the bottom, selecting either one and then clicking “Select”

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Hello @cpallatroni,
Thank you for your message.

I have consulted with the plugin developer and it appears that auto close feature is not available for “only timepicker” type, unfortunately. Therefore, it’s not possible to close the picker automatically once the time has been selected. That’s why the behavior of the plugin may change as this is not achievable.

For this behaviour, we will make an update as soon as possible and I will let you know once I have any news. However, I’m afraid you will need to click outside of the picker in order to close it, if you would like to use “only timepicker” type. Apologies for the inconvenience. :pray:t2:

In case I can try to help you with anything else, please let me know.

Regards,
Gulce

Thank you for the feedback, and I’m hopeful this can be incorporated into an update soon.

Just so you also know, clicking outside the picker does not close the picker either, at least not on mobile. You have access to my application so you can see for yourself. Let me know if there is a workaround to that one. Currently, the picker just stays open on mobile and you would have to leave the screen for it to disappear.

Hello @cpallatroni,

I’ve tried to check this behaviour but unfortunately, I can’t access to your app at the moment. I assume after the plugin update this issue will disappear. And once the plugin will be fixed, I will let you know. Thank you for your patience :pray:t2:

Have a nice day.

Best,
Gulce

Just so I’m not overly optimistic, is there a rough timeline for this to be fixed? Thank you.

@cpallatroni I’m afraid, in order not to mislead you, we cannot set a time frame. However, you can be sure that it will be updated as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please let me know if I can help you with anything else. :slightly_smiling_face:

Good to know, my fingers are crossed you guys get to it within the next few months.

Hello @cpallatroni,

While we are waiting for an update, I would like to suggest you use “buttons” for the picker element to be able to close the picker. Please see the screenshots below:

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 16.01.29

This will help you to close the picker when you click the “ok” button after selecting the time.

Hope it helps! Have a nice weekend ahead.

Best,
Gulce

Really appreciate the heads-up here, this is a good workaround. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi @cpallatroni,

Thank you for your patience. :pray:t2:

We’ve made an update and tested the plugin on our side, now you should be able to close the picker by clicking outside the element. Kindly ask you to upgrade your plugin to the latest version (3.40.0) and give it a try.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Gulce

I really appreciate the update here, thank you for keeping me in the loop.

I went ahead and updated the plugin and tested it on mobile. The picker does in fact close when clicking outside of it, which is great. However, the time does not get recorded when clicking outside of the picker, the time seems to only be recorded when you select “Ok”.

Any thoughts?

Hi @cpallatroni,

Glad that it was solved!

Please note that when we use buttons, the picker will not realize that its value has been changed without clicking the “ok” button. So, it is required to press the “OK” button if the “show buttons” field is checked. The option with button confirmation can be removed by unchecking the “Show buttons” option.

Therefore, please uncheck this field and give it another try. :pray:t2:

Hope it helps!

Best,
Gulce