Services Plugins FAQs

Air Date Time Picker Problem

I was on version 3.2.0 and everything was working fine. Had a user tell me that the dates were not loading correctly anymore. The issue I noticed is when the field in the database is empty, the date picker will not clear itself out to show there is no date. It holds the previous date it displayed.

I updated the plugin to the newest version and noticed going from 3.7.0 to 3.8.0 the date picker won’t pull any dates from the database, it just remains blank. (I’m using autobind)

attached are videos showing how the dates are not updating and the setup I have for the picker. The text field next to the date box is what is in the database and what the air date time picker should be showing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w35H3xUAMRXsx3rmed9B-KPPjZVFi03k/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wn30y6mRH6Q6BmVe9UQTAYWdOL5GqIsG/view?usp=sharing

Hi @kidkeeper, thanks for your message.
Allow me to check the provided information internally with the developer team, and come back with a reply asap.
Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Hi @kidkeeper, thanks for your patience.
Regarding your issue, please check if you have set up the rights in the “Privacy” tab, namely related to the “date” category.

If the privacy rules have a proper setup and the issue persists, please let us know.
Regards,

Hi Serg,

Thanks for responding. I’m not sure exactly what you want. I do have privacy rights in place. Attached is a screen shot of the privacy tab specifically for childfile which is where this issue is happening. The date dropped and date enrolled are the 2 fields in the video that don’t update.

Since it is loading the dates when they are entered, would it be a privacy issue? When I type a date in it does change the field in the thing like it should. It’s just not updating when a new thing is loaded that doesn’t have dates to reflect that the dates are empty.

Hello, @kidkeeper.
Please accept my apologies for the delayed reply :pray:

I have replicated your case in my test application and indeed it might be the plugin’s bug. Let us please look for the root cause of that issue with our developers.

Meanwhile, can you please try to use the older version - 3.6.0? Pay your attention to the fact that when the Initial date field is empty - the plugin will return the last shown date. So please add this condition to your plugin element:

Regards,

No problem, thanks.

I’m currently using 3.2.0 and its still happening. Also I do have an initial date set, and its still doing it.

Hi @kidkeeper, thanks for your patience.
We’ve pushed a plugin update that should solve the reported issues.

Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version (3.11.0 - Fixed custom state “blocked day”), refresh the application, and give it a try.

Let us know if there is anything else that we can help with about our plugin :wink:.
Regards,

Thanks for the update @Serg I have updated the plugin to 3.12.0 and still having the same issues in the first video link above.

Just to explain again. The issue is when loading a thing from the database that has a date saved, the picker displays it correctly. Yet when a new thing is loaded that doesn’t have a date, the picker doesn’t clear itself to show there is no date. It keeps the date from the original thing.

Please insert the following condition if plugin element.

Let us know if the issue got solved or any other help is required.
Regards,

Hi @Serg

This did not fix the issue.

@kidkeeper, sorry to hear it didn’t help :thinking:

Would it be convenient for you to add our mail: support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app?

That will allow us to check what’s wrong with your setup and test it out in our workspace.

Enter your Bubble editor page → Settings → “Collaboration” tab → Invite a user (email).

(Note: disregard the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.)

I will check your setup and do a few tests in an attempt to find the root cause and help you fix it.

In case it is ok for you, please let me know.
Regards,

Hi @Serg

Yes I have added you guys. I’ll PM you with details

Also it looks like on the bubble forum for the air/date time picker topic. Looks like someone else might be having the same problem 🗓 [FREE Plugin] Air Date/Time Picker - #593 by hello.plannwin - Showcase - Bubble Forum

Hi @kidkeeper, thank you for providing the access to your app!

Let me start from the explanation:

1. the plugin is designed to work as a data input tool. It means users, can pick data from the plugin element and save it into the DB (auto binding, for example);
  2. the plugin can be used as a tool to display data from the database, but can’t be used as the input tool at the same time.
  3. to use the plugin to display data from the database for the long list of unique IDs (in your case - unique children info), it is needed to use the “display data in a group” action, as the tool for updating data in the plugin’s element.

I have created a copy of your “children” page and named it “zq_children”, please see what changes I’ve made to the initial page:

• removed auto-binding checkboxes from both plugin elements (because of the fact you are using the plugin element to display the data from the DB);
  • added condition "when the date enrollment/drop is empty - placeholder text is ‘empty’ "
  • added new event “when Select a child dropdown value is changed - display data in a group” to push updated dates into the plugin element.

These changes are workable for the case when you want to display the data from the database via the plugin element.
If you want to be able to both display and modify the data in the database via the plugin’s element - you have to change your current setup a bit. It means, since you can’t do these things at the same time, you have to display the child’s data via the text element and modify it via the plugin’s element.

Hope my investigation and comments were useful for you. Please let me know if you need any additional help :wink:.
Regards,

Hi @Serg,

Thanks for your work around on this. I’ve checked it out and it looks like its working again using the way you have stated. But with that, I would still consider this a bug.

1. This is a new issue, it only just started happening when I contacted you guys about it. I’ve had this setup with the picker for the past couple years with no issues.

2. Autobind is designed to do exactly what you say it can’t. It displays and writes from the database. If you look at some of the other elements on the same page that are using autobind they are working perfectly.

3. The problem with your setup is its having to pull the child form the database every time I need to use the element, even though the child was already pulled to the page. I shouldn’t have to do a search for the child when the child is already on the page which in turn slows things down.

Last, please don’t be the guys that are just gonna push this under the rug and say “its just the way it is”. I’ve been using bubble for the past 8 years and lately its become an increasing problem from plugin developers that they just find work arounds vs fixing things.

Hi @kidkeeper, thanks for your feedback :pray:.
Allow us to consider it and see what could be done in this regard.
Once any update will come to live, I will let you know.

Thank you for understanding.
Regards,

Hi @kidkeeper, sorry for the delayed reply from our side.
We’ve rechecked once again all earlier reported issues, and seems that the last plugin update has solved them all.
Would it be convenient for you to check if within your app the autobinding/data display issue is solved too.
If it still persists, please let us know about the issue with details like (desired result/actual result).

Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,

@kidkeeper

I’m having the same issue, did your issue get resolved?

@Serg If the field retrieved from the db is blank I need to call the set date function to clear the air date picker out otherwise it shows the previous data from the last item displayed instead of being blank. Although it seems to work I don’t think that this is the intended use for this function and it seems like a bug work around.

Hi @wardey0513, thanks for your message.

We currently encounter an issue (sometimes the plugin element acts as an input element) on the plugin version 3.19.0.
This issue is reported to the Bubble team, and they confirmed to us that the problem is on their side and the engineering team is actively looking into our case. Unfortunately, they didn’t share with us the time frames for solving this.
So far, the only solution so far is to use the previous versions of our plugin (Version 3.18.0).

Once any news in this regard will become available, we will inform through the plugin official thread and this one.

Allow us to check this moment internally, how it can be solved :pray: I will let you know once any news will become available.

Regards,

Hi @wardey0513, thank you for your patience :pray:

We have pushed a plugin update, that has fixed the issue related to the last item displayed instead of being blank.

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 3.20.0: New time formats added. Header bug workaround added.) and give it a try.

Please let us know if the plugin works properly now, or any other support is required from our side.

Regards,

Hi @Serg ,
I have an issue with the Air Date/Time plugin V2. I am trying to set a date using the Workflow Event “Set date” based on change of value from a dropdown box. But it generates an error.

My version is 3.77.0

Attached is my workflow.

The error at the debugger is:
The plugin Air Date / Time Picker / element Air Date/Time Picker v2 threw the following error: Error: Expected a date, but got a object (original data: [“2023-11-22T07:46:12.842Z”,“2023-11-23T07:46:12.842Z”,“2023-11-24T07:46:12.842Z”,“2023-11-25T07:46:12.842Z”,“2023-11-26T07:46:12.842Z”,“2023-11-27T07:46:12.842Z”,“2023-11-28T07:46:12.842Z”,“2023-11-29T07:46:12.842Z”])
at misc_utilities.generate_JS_to_bubble_error (https:/XXXXXX.bubbleapps.io/package/run_debug_js/3496ba87e58537d0fb2cb2629ac7d3b3843a81141911f9d257f781379b217741/xfalse/x27/run_debug.js:662:40913)
at Object.JS_to_bubble (https://XXXXXX.bubbleapps.io/package/run_debug_js/3496ba87e58537d0fb2cb2629ac7d3b3843a81141911f9d257f781379b217741/xfalse/x27/run_debug.js:662:63253) (please report this to the plugin author)

Please help
thanks