Services Plugins FAQs

đź“Š Air Gantt + Funnel + Timeline Chart Plugin for Bubble

Hi everyone :wave:
Exciting news!

Our Gantt Chart plugin has received a major update, now featuring two additional useful charts: Funnel (1D and 2D) and Timeline.

With this enhanced plugin, you can effortlessly create dynamic Gantt charts and timelines, enabling efficient planning and tracking of project tasks and milestones. Plus, the new funnel chart feature adds a visually engaging way to analyze sales pipelines and conversion rates, making it an invaluable tool for data presentation and insights. Take your project management and data visualization to the next level with our improved plugin!

To try it out, please visit the plugin demo page:

Please feel free to reach our Support team in case you have any questions. We will be glad to help. :slightly_smiling_face:
Cheers! :sunflower:

1 Like

How much control over the visualization (show/hide elements, resize things, custom colors, etc) does this allow?

Hello, @2706mason! Thanks for your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can see the list of changeable parameters of each plugin element on the plugin demo editor page:

Each element has its own visualisation settings and on the Plugin tab, you can see the Plugin Content which displays the list of available actions and events in the plugin.

Hope it helps.
:sunflower:

I’m excited about the new plugins! But I’m having an issue. I tried the Air Gantt (free) and the paid package (I bought it) but both are giving me the same error.

The plugin Air Gantt + Funnel + Timeline Chart / element Gantt Chart threw the following error: Error: Invalid fieldName: null
at Object.get (https://zenproject.co/package/run_debug_js/6f852d806e1c690b017ed0dc289b83631e96fa1a5a925b0f36e153d6209d7140/xfalse/x25/run_debug.js:17:3141351)
at eval (PLUGIN_1549441839806x784741090403811300/Air-Gantt—Funnel—Timeline-Chart-update–Gantt-Chart-.js:3:1401) (please report this to the plugin author)

I have populated all the required fields. Some other fields show a red outline, but do not say that they are required. I have tried populating these as well, but it doesn’t change the outcome. I got the same error on the free plugin as well. Is there any way you can update your error checking to indicate which field is not populated?

Hello, @klowe!
Thanks for your kind feedback and for using our plugin :slightly_smiling_face:

Would you please show me your use case setup with the plugin? It should help me figure out the root cause of the issue. Please provide a maximum of the details on your use case.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response. It is a simple project timeline. I’ve added data items to correspond with requirements from the plugin, as I wouldn’t use all of them typically. I spent several hours trying to customize the data to make it work. I would think your developers could just use the error message I provided to see which line is causing the error, which should map to a data input. It would be great if they could check for nulls in the code and send a better error message in the future as well.

This should be the file, line number, and possibly line position from the error: Air-Gantt—Funnel—Timeline-Chart-update–Gantt-Chart-.js:3:1401

We can see it is a field that is not populated somehow, and the Object.get function is sending the error.

Hi,

Checking to see if you have any updates. Can you please ask the developers to look at this line in the code and let me know what field is causing the issue?

@klowe,

Regrettably, determining the cause of the error message solely based on the content of the error message body text proves to be a challenge. As I had previously mentioned in my earlier correspondence, I kindly request that you provide us with the setup details of your use case. This entails sharing a screenshot of the plugin element you are utilizing, accompanied by explanatory comments detailing the fields and the data type values being employed.

Should you remain reluctant to share this pertinent information with us, we encourage you to consider configuring the plugin independently once more. You can accomplish this by following the instructions outlined in the following guide/documentation link: Zeroqode Air Chart Pro Plugin Setup Guide. (Click the “Timeline Chart” to expand the guide).

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
:sunflower:

Your link doesn’t seem to go to an Air Chart setup guide. I only see the example configuration, no actual documentation. Is there somewhere else to look?

You can see in the screenshot that I attached, there are three fields that are listed as optional in your documentation (in the plugin itself), but they do not seem to be optional, as they are highlighted in red, which seems to indicate that they are required. I do not need these fields, as I don’t have task parents, for example, as I suspect this is the cause of the issue. Can you please confirm if these are indeed required or not?

You can see here that the internal documentation lists the first one as optional, but all three show as red.

@klowe,

Thanks for the screenshots! They were helpful to figure out the root cause of the issue you have. Indeed, one field description had the word “optional” which might mislead you. Please accept our apologies for the confusion. :pray:

We have changed the plugin element field’s description to identify all required fields. These changes are visible on the latest plugin version. In case changing a version won’t help, please remove the old plugin element and place a “fresh” one on the page.

Except for the plugin fields description, you may find useful the plugin documentation pages, such as:
for Gantt Chart element:

for Funnel and Timelike Chart elements:

Please let me know if there are any other issues you have found using the plugin. We will do our best to resolve them in the shortest terms.

Thanks. :sunflower:

Thank you for updating the documentation regarding the required fields. Unfortunately, the documentation is still severely lacking in explanation as to the purpose of each field and how they are intended to be used, but at least the required fields are now correct. To give it one last try, I updated the plugin and copied the example step by step using exactly the fields in your demo, since it isn’t clear what the fields are intended to do in the documentation.

In doing this, I did get it to display fields without an error but also confirmed it won’t work for my purposes. Some items you should consider for the future:

• There is no control over the fonts or font sizing, so users are stuck with what your default is, way too small for me.
  • You cannot change the alignment of text in the columns.
  • There is no standard layout formatting such as padding.
  • The chart doesn’t update automatically when the database changes, unlike other Gantt charts I am testing.

I could go on and on, but this is clearly an example of a developer doing “just enough” to make the plugin work for a demo, with no effort to make it a good fit for the intended use case.

Hi @klowe,
Thank you for getting back to us.

We genuinely appreciate the time you’ve taken to provide us with your valuable feedback. :pray:

We remain open to any suggestions or potential plugin improvements you might have in mind. If there’s a specific feature you’re seeking, we’d be more than happy to liaise with our development team and explore the feasibility of incorporating it into our plugin.

In the meantime, I’ve verified your use case:

• There is no control over the fonts or font sizing, so users are stuck with what your default is, way too small for me. - Currently, there’s no direct font control, but as a workaround, you can use HTML tags within database fields. Here’s an example from our demo page where a text field is hyperlinked. You can apply similar HTML tag techniques for other formatting needs and let us know if it meets your requirements.

• You cannot change the alignment of text in the columns. - We’ll investigate whether this feature can be implemented within the plugin library and include it in our list of planned plugin enhancements.

• There is no standard layout formatting such as padding. - We’ll also look into the possibility of adding standard layout formatting options and include this in our list of plugin improvements.

• The chart doesn’t update automatically when the database changes, unlike other Gantt charts I am testing. - Would it be convenient to share additional details about this? I’ve verified the plugin demo page and when I updated a field in the database, the displayed information in the Gantt chart was updated after I refreshed the page.

In case there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Hi @klowe,

We are thrilled to announce an Important Plugin Update. :slight_smile:

We listened to your suggestion, discussed it with the team, and added new features to the plugin in Version 1.27.0.
It was added column alignment, removed Refresh Chart action, and fixed Gantt Chart element.

New Plugin element fields:

Please update the plugin inside your app to the latest version and let me know if everything works, and looks better now. :slight_smile:

Also, about the first point you mentioned above:

We’ve sent you a DM regarding this, but haven’t heard back from you, unfortunately,

You would like to control fonts and sizes for the whole Plugin element OR for every column in part? If you prefer setting the Font Size for the whole element (chart) you can use these Style options.
image (3)

Otherwise, we need to check if the Plugin Library allows the addition of specific fields for every column’s settings and implement these. It will require additional time for research.

If you have any further questions or suggestions, we will be glad to work closely with you.
Best regards, :pray:

[RESOLVED]
Hi, I am having a similar issue but don’t see the answer here:
The plugin Air Gantt + Funnel + Timeline Chart / element Gantt Chart threw the following error: Error: Invalid fieldName: null at Object.get

but I have field names for all fields

Any help on how to troubleshoot would be welcome. I have this working on another page and it works fine with the same settings as far as I can see. The only thing I can see is that there is no option to put in Task Dependent On.

I note that in place I use this element on the thing type Task and I can see the “Task Dependent On” field, but if I use a different data type I don’t see the option… I suppose this is what is messing things up. Are there any work around to this? I want to use the element on different data data types in different places.

ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION: The issue was that I didn’t have a field that matched the criteria so the option for DependOn didn’t show up. Once I added the field the option showed and I could select it.

Hello @TekaTeki,

We are glad to hear that everthing is running smoothly and the issue has been resolved.

In case you will encounter some issues or have concerns with our plugin, please feel free to reach out to us here on the fourm or directly at support@zeroqode.com.

Wishing you a great weekend!

Best regards,
Daniel.