Services Plugins FAQs

Air Line Chart Lite Bubble Plugin Bug Report

Hi all, I wanted to report a bug with the rendering of the graphs in the Air Line Chart Lite Bubble Plugin.

In a Bubble web app, I am plotting data that I look up based on the input of the user in a drop down.
On mobile only, once the graph has been changed at least once through the drop down, any time the user scrolls, the graph flips through all the previous plots before stopping at the one selected.

If we take an example where the initial values being visualized are Data_1 and the user has selected the following:
Data_3
Data_4

When the user now selects Data_2, the graph will plot very shortly, Data_1, Data_3, Data_4 and then finally Data_1 where it will stop until the user scrolls (then it repeats the process).

I have taken the debugging steps of different approaches of feeding the data to the graph including using a value in the DB as an intermediary between the dropdown and the graphs to exclude a specific interaction with the specific dropdown I am using. The issue seems to be with the rendering of the graph on mobile.

Any help much appreciated!

Hello @halla
Thank you for reaching out, and for your interest in our plugins. :slightly_smiling_face:

Would it be convenient for you to provide more details regarding your use case?

Namely, what are you trying to achieve while using our plugin, screenshots, and screencasts of your workflow setup, plugin element, the issue you see, and the expected result, for screencast recording (I can suggest using the Loom tool).

Please record a video in step-by-step mode with the browser’s console enabled, in case there are any error messages there, and share a link with us so we can understand better your use case.

These details will help us reproduce your setup on our side and look into it.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your reply.
All the best, :slightly_smiling_face:
Take care!

Hi Vasile,

Thank you for the quick response. I don’t think it’s a problem with our specific setup because we replaced the graphs with graphs from another provider and the bug disappeared.

I think it has something to do with how the graphs are reset at scrolling. I won’t be able to share with you the details of our setup, but of you want to reproduce it I would guess the bug still comes up if you just set up a simple example for example like this one:

In the Bubble DB:
Upload a dataset with random entries with the following header where item type could be in the set {apple, oranges, bananas, pineapple}
day | number of sold items | item type

On a page:
Set up the Bubble dropdown list to choose between item type, also add an option “all” to show all types
Set the graph to visualize the number of sold items over time, filtered by the dropdown list.
Have the graph visualize “all” on page load.

Test:

1. Load page on mobile (I have seen this happen on two different Android phones with browsers Chrome and DuckDuckGo)
  2. Select different things in the drop down
  3. Scroll → if it has reproduced our setup, then the graph should show the behavior described in the first post

I’d be interested to know if you fix this because I prefer the visuals of your graphs to those we are using now, but there is also another feature with the other provider that is very useful for us, which is to be able to customize what information shows when you hover over points in the graph.

All the best,
Halla

Hello @halla ,
Thank you for providing additional details regarding your use cases. :slightly_smiling_face:

After carefully following the instructions you left we created a test page on our side and replicated the set-up you described, we didn’t encounter errors while displaying the charts on an Android while using Chrome.

To better understand and address the issue you’re experiencing, could you please provide us with more details? Please specify what element are you using : Line chart, Area chart,Bar chart;

We would appreciate it if you could provide screenshots of the following configurations within your app:

The setup of your data types.

Feel free to replace and change the information, we just want to understand the overall structure. :pray:

The configuration of your dropdown element.

The setup of the fields within the element, including any conditionals you have applied.

We understand that you are concerned about your application privacy. Therefore, feel free to blur or obscure any information in the screenshots that you consider sensitive or confidential. This will help us to help you effectively while ensuring your app’s privacy is protected.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We look forward to assisting you further. :pray:
Best regards,

Hi Vasile,

Thank you for this. We are using the LineChart. This bug happens in two different cases. One uses the built in Bubble Dropdown, the other uses the built in Bubble Date/Time Picker. I’ll share with you the details of the latter.

The setup of the data type is here. There are more fields, but hey are irrelevant to our discussion.

The Date/Time Picker is configured as follows (I just took the first info, let me know if you need more):

The fields in the line chart are set up as follows:

The parent reusable element is set up like this:

The parent group is set up like this:

Thank you for your help.

Best,
Halla

Hello @halla ,
Thank you for reaching out to us and providing additional details regarding your use case. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks to your detailed instructions and screenshots we were able to replicate the bug you described in your previous posts.

We have tested on Android while using the Chrome browser and now our dev team started an investigation to solve this issue.

I will personally make sure to keep you updated on any of their findings/fixes and will inform you as soon as possible.

Your patience and understanding while we work through this are highly appreciated.:pray:
Have a nice day!

Hello @halla ,
I hope you are doing well.

I’m excited to share that we have effectively resolved the flickering issue of the Air Line Chart Lite plugin and have updated it to version 1.7.0.

Could you kindly update the plugin within your app to this latest version and confirm whether everything is now operating smoothly?

Feel free to explore these plugin functionalities in your app, and If everything is functioning well, we would appreciate it if you could leave a plugin rate, by giving it as many stars as it deserves

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Thanks again for your patience and cooperation.
Take care!

Hello @hallla
I hope your day is going well🙂

I’d like to know if you had the opportunity to install the latest update and if it helped with the issue you were encountering. Your feedback on this is important to us!

If you find the update and our service great, we’d be incredibly grateful if you could leave us a review. You can rate Air Line Chart Lite by going to the Plugins tab in the Bubble editor.

Your feedback not only helps us but also motivates our team to continue providing excellent service and support.:pray:

If you have any more questions or need further support down the line, don’t hesitate to reach out. I am here to help!
Have a nice day. :sunny:

Hi Vasile,

It looks like it works after a quick test. Thank you so much!

Best,
Halla

Hello @halla,
We’ve received your review, I want to thank you for such kind words, it’s feedback like yours that motivates us to improve ourselves and our plugins. :blush:

Such comments ensure that other users receive a balanced and accurate picture of the plugin’s performance and our support commitment.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you require any more help or if there’s anything else we can do to assist you.:pray:
Have a nice day!