Services Plugins FAQs

Aircalendar Resource api error

Hi I call an api on events which is appointment (content start_date, end_date, unique_id, title AND doctor_code). I am able to display my appointment on ‘timeGridDay’ just fine.

But when I change to ‘resourceTimeGridDay’ it doesn’t work. I try to use ‘doctor_code’ inside my appointment as the resource but it doesn’t seem to work.

Hi @fridayfailure,

Thanks for reaching out, :raised_hands:

Thanks for your message and for using Air Calendar plugin.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a similar use case shown on the plugin demo page, can you please provide additional details about the encountered issue when you switch to the “resourceTimeGridDay” view?

I suggest that you take a look at the preview page and ensure that the data from your External API is not empty when you change the view mode from “timeGridDay” to “resourceTimeGridDay”. Additionally, you can verify the workflow when you change the view and make sure that everything is set up correctly.

Furthermore, It would be helpful if you could create a step-by-step video using Loom with the browser’s console enabled. Please make sure to include any error messages that appear, and share the video link with us so we can better understand your use case.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your reply.:pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hi stephan, I try to change things but still can’t display the resourceTimeGridDay correctly. I will get into detailed as much as possible to help you solve my problem.

I have 2 datasets which was called from api, first one is ‘appointment que’ which will be my events for airCalendar

The resource dataset is ‘dentist timetable’ which has variable ‘unique id’ that connect to variable ‘dentist unique id’ in first dataset (appointment que). both were in text format

I also look into browser console and somehow the airCalendar didn’t link the 2 datasets together.

This is my setting inside bubble editor

Hi @fridayfailure,

Thank you for the additional details.

Can you please confirm if the XanoQuery data source you’re using, is from an external Xano API, or it’s the name of the database table inside your Bubble app?

We have confirmed with the dev team and the Air Calendar plugin is not designed to directly parse data from external APIs; it is compatible exclusively with Bubble’s internal database and can display events/appointments that are saved inside your Bubble database.

As a workaround, try saving the data from your External Xano service within your Bubble database first and after this display the data within Air Calendar.
Please check the plugin demo editor page for additional guidance:

Thank you once again, and we hope this will help.

Looking forward to your reply. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Yes, my XanoQuery is from external Xano API, actually it can display the normal view such as month or daygrid view just fine, only the resource grid crash. I hope your dev teams have a time to make this work soon. thank you.

Hello @fridayfailure,

Thanks for getting back.

Would it be convenient for you to share a video (using Loom tool) showcasing how it innitially works on ‘timeGridDay’ and other views, and then show how it is crushing on ‘resourceTimeGridDay’?

Also, could you please make sure to record the video in step-by-step mode with the browser’s console enabled, in case there are any error messages there, and after that to share the link with us.

This will help clarify more the issue you’re experiencing.

Waiting for your response.:pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hi stephan,

I’ve made a loom VDO as your request please look into this issue for me. thx

Ram

Hi @fridayfailure,

Thank you for your reply and additional details.

We have reviewed the video and I’ve passed all these details to our Dev team.

We will verify if the recourceTimeGrid layout is compatible with External API DataSource and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Also, can you please let us know if you tried saving the information to your Database and after it display it in your calendar? This approach might be the most feasible for your use case.

Thank you once again for your cooperation and wish you a great weekend ahead.:pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hello @fridayfailure,

I hope you are doing well! :slightly_smiling_face:

We have some good news for you about Air Calendar, on the latest version “2.76.0.” we have updated resourceTimeline modes and some other library features as well.

Regarding your inquiry about connecting 2 datasets, we have replicated something similar in this test page. In our case, we have 2 datasets in Xano (rooms and events) which we connect using the id(1,2,3,4) from the rooms table.

Here is also a screenshot of how I set the calendar element to gather the data in our test page.

Can you please update your plugin to the latest version in your app and see if you’ll be able to switch the views without any issues. Also, you can try modify the datasets accordingly and see how it will work out for you.

Feel free to share any thoughts or feedback you have. And, of course, if you need any help getting it set up or have additional questions, just let us know.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience with it! :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan