Services Plugins FAQs

AirCalendar - set owner timezone dynamically

How come we can’t set the owner timezone in AirCalendar dynamically? We can dynamically set the calendar timezone with an action, but can’t specifiy the owner timezone. This is really necessary for my use case but just a bit confused why it’s not included.

CleanShot 2023-05-15 at 19.29.19@2x

CleanShot 2023-05-15 at 19.28.52@2x

Hi @georgecollier30, thanks for your message.

Regretfully, if we bring back the old Timezone field functionality(being possible to set a dynamic value), it won’t work properly and interfere with many of the improvements that we’ve added in the last 2 years.
As a possible solution, if you need to adjust the calendar element to the user’s timezone, we recommend using the “local” value of the Timezone dropdown.

Hope this helps. If there will be any other plugin-related questions that I can help with, please let me know.

Regards,

Thanks for the explanation! Unfortunately, I do need the timezone to be a value tied to a database thing so I’ll have to find workarounds :frowning:

2 Likes

I have a database object that stores the timezone, in the same format as your timezone. A dynamic value would be great. There’s still no plan to make this dynamic?

As an alternative, it would be great to get the “Set timezone AirCalendar A” to work on page load. For some reason, this is ignored and stays as “local”.

1 Like

Hello @paul10,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We previously explored the option of implementing dynamic data usage for timezones directly within the element. However, this introduced operational challenges for the Calendar element. Consequently, we decided to maintain a static value and introduced the “Set Timezone” action to the plugin. This action allows you to dynamically set the timezone in the Calendar, which you can utilize at any point within your app.

Regarding your concern about using it at page load, this problem occurs because the Air Calendar has not fully loaded when the action is triggered. Could you please try adding a pause of 2-3 seconds before initiating the action and see if that resolves the issue?

Thank you again, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Stefan

Is there a hook that the calendar is fully loaded? That would be best.

1 Like

Hello @paul10,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please clarify what you meant by “Is there a hook that the calendar is fully loaded”? Any additional details, such as screenshots or a specific use-case, would greatly help us understand your query better.

Thanks, and I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stefan

An event, so I can then add the timezone when the calendar is ready.

1 Like

Hello @paul10,

Thank you for your message and clarification.

Indeed, there currently isn’t such an event for the calendar, and I have forwarded this request to the development team for resolution in an upcoming plugin version. I will keep you updated on the progress and notify you when the new version is available.

In the meantime, you can try using the “Set timezone” action in the “view changes” event as a temporary solution.

Thank you once again, and have a great weekend ahead!

Best regards,
Stefan

Hello @paul10,

I hope you’re doing well.

I’m writing to inform you about the latest update for the Air Calendar plugin - version “2.100.0”. Where we’ve added a new event, “Calendar is loaded”, which will help you know when the calendar is ready on the page—just as you requested.

Could you please try it out in your app and let me know how it’s working for you? If you have any questions, face any difficulties, or have further improvement ideas, please don’t hesitate to let me know. We’re here to help.

Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention. I’m looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards,
Stefan

I actually found this update in the release notes yesterday and instantly tried it out.

Works beautifully. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hello @paul10,

Thank you for your message and feedback. :pray:

I’m delighted to hear that you’ve successfully installed the new version and it’s working well for you. If you need any further assistance or have questions in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always here to help!

If you’re enjoying our plugins, we’d appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate them. You can do this by going to the Plugins tab in the Bubble editor, searching for our plugin by name, and giving it the stars you feel it deserves. Your support is incredibly important to us!

Additionally, if you’d like to share your overall experience with Zeroqode, please visit Review. Your insights are invaluable to both us and the Bubble community, helping us to continue enhancing our products and service.

Thank you once again, and I hope you have a wonderful day ahead. Should you have any more questions or require further assistance, I’m just an email away and ready to assist you. :star2:

Best regards,
Stefan