Services Plugins FAQs

AirCalendar - two states

What I want to achieve is a calendar that has two states. Edit and view (toggled via a button)
In edit mode, you can add events and change them by dragging and resizing them.
In view mode, you can only view the calendar and click events to view more information.

What is the best way of doing this?

I tried to create two custom states (view & edit) and use the Calendar conditional to change properties depending on the state. My guess was that I also need to render the calendar again after this. But can not get this to work.

Hi @anders.markstrom,
Thank you for reaching out and for your purchase.

Would it be convenient to share more details related to your use case and the issue you have faced?
Namely:

• screenshots and/or screencasts of your setup - workflows, plugin settings (for the screencast recording, let me please suggest using the Loom tool).

• screenshots and/or screencast of the issue you have (debugger, browser console, etc);

• steps to reproduce your issue;

This will allow us to reproduce your setup on our side and a solution.

Thank you and looking forward to your reply. :pray:
Have a great weekend ahead.
Regards,

So first I’m asking for a good way of toggling a calendar between view and edit mode where my definition is if elements are draggable/resizeable or not. Open to suggestions on this one.

So what I want to do is toggle the elements:

• Event draggable
  • Event resizable
  • Event and days are selectable

Here is what I did. I have a Edit and a View button that sets the view mode.

The condition seems to be working and it looks like the elements changed their values but looking at the Calendar object the elements are still the same. The re-render events do not seem to make any difference.

Does AirtCalendar not working like standard Bubble components when changing properties ?

Hi, @anders.markstro,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

Unfortunately, it’s beyond my responsibilities as a support team member to provide guidance through the application customization process. Sorry about that and thank you for your understanding.

There are many ways how you can plan the architecture of your Bubble app. It is really a matter of choice how to design and build the logic. As for the references, you can check the plugin’s demo page and try to reproduce it on your side.
In case your project requires only small adjustments or you need to add some features, I would recommend checking the Freelance section at the Bubble forum: Jobs / Freelance - Bubble Forum or check on UpWork or Fiverr for Bubble freelancer development offers.

Hope the above will be useful to you.

If you require any further information about our plugins and templates, please let me know.
Best regards,

Thanks for your reply.

I think you misunderstood my problem and maybe I explained it a bit too complex.

I’m using Conditional to change properties of AirCalendar. Something that works just fine with Bubbles own FullCalendar.

Is the short answer that properties of AirCalendar can not be changed using conditional?

Hello, @anders.markstrom.
Thank you for your question and sorry for the delayed reply.

Yes. You can design your bubble page with the Air Calendar the way you can have 2 modes (edit and view).

Our support services are not meant to provide step-by-step instructions on the plugin use cases, but I would like to provide you with my short suggestion on your case:

Plugin has an event “AirCalendar Bottom selection is made”. You can add an Only when condition to it this way (on my example I used a checkbox, you can use toggle):

Thus, when the checkbox “allow editing” is enabled, use the workflow for editing events/adding events:

If the checkbox “allow editing” is disabled - you can leave a blank workflow or show the alert “view mode only”, it’s up to you.

In case you mean something different and has encountered any issues with the plugin - please let me see the case in detail.

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your in-depth answer.

But that does not answer the question if AirCalendar can or can not set properties using conditional as every other Bubble element can. I would like to change other things as well, such as turning on/off Saturday/Sunday.

@anders.markstrom , apologies for such a late reply :pray:

I suppose you meant something like this?

If yes, then indeed at the moment plugin is ignoring this condition. I will pass this report to the developer team for investigation.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, that seems to be the problem. Please file bug report for this.

1 Like

Hello, @anders.markstrom!
Thank you for your patience :pray:

I’m glad to let you know that we have updated the plugin to the 2.32.0 version. We have checked most checkboxes of the plugin to work in conditional and it seems to be fine now. Please update your plugin to the latest version, check it out, and let me know if everything is OK :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope it helps!