Services Plugins FAQs

Algolia Faceting

Hello friends I want to do klo sgte, I use algolia search v2 (or simple search) and I want to create filter and faceting, this is possible and how?

I’ve been using the plug-in for a while now and it works super, but now I need to help users find what they want.

so far I am like this https://www.315play.app

Greetings

Hello I need help with this topic

Hi @315-play, thanks for your message and sorry for the delayed reply (due to the weekend).

Could you please develop your use case with a bit more of details? That will allow us to understand better your project requirements and provide required advice.

Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,

Hello Thank you for answering, I will comment and to see if you can help me. I have a search engine which works with algolia search V2, so far so good. You can write voices in the search engine according to different categories, such as gender, language, country, but now I want to be able to filter, eg: If you put Chile in the search engine, you can filter by male or female. I understand that in algolia you can do it with filter and faceting. This is automatic, but I don’t understand how this works in the plugin. I saw tutorials, I checked the documentation and the examples that you have, but nothing replicates this idea. I do not know if it is well understood what I want to do, but it is something like this
7 ways to get more out of Algolia Search - YouTube, which is shown in the example on the left.

Hi @315-play, thanks for the provided details, it helped a lot.
You are right, unfortunately, by now we don’t have an example of an Algolia faceted search, sorry for the inconvenience.
I will transmit your request to the developer team (to add an Algolia facet search example to the demo), thanks for suggesting it.
Kindly note that it might take some time, ass it is a quite complex feature.

Thank you for understanding.
Regards,

Hello, @315-play
Thanks a lot for your patience.

By this message, I would like to notify you that we have significantly upgraded the Algolia 2.0 - Simple search plugin and added a lot of features, including the Faceted Search. Additionally, now are possible these features:

• “Algolia is loading” action;
  • Get All Date;
  • Set setting;
  • Add new Item;
  • Improved search;

Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version and give it a try. Hope these features will be helpful for you :slightly_smiling_face: :tada:

Best regards,