Services Plugins FAQs

Algolia Geo-Search Not Updating | Refresh Search Action Not Working

Hey everyone,

I’m running into some issues with the Algolia Search V2.0 Plugin around Geo-Search

Following Use Case:
I have those fields in a user form

1. Post Code (only three digits to make it data-privacy compliant)
  2. Range (how far around the lat/lng sth. has to be)
      1. → some other criteria, that are not that relevant. All of them are used in “Filter”

I calculate the lat/lng of the post code through an api, save it into a database field and that field is referenced in the “Around Lat-Lng” field and the range field is also saved and is referenced in the “Around Radius” field

Once user fills out the form and clicks on submit, he/she is taken to the result page. All of that works just fine and results are as expected.

Now my problem:
I have real-time filtering available for clients, so they can update the filter criteria on the result page in real-time and results get updated accordingly. I use the auto-bind feature for that instead of states, to make maintenance a bit easier for me.

If I update any of the fields from 3 - 10, which are used in the plugin as filter criteria, it works like a charm. Any update on those results in a instant update of the search results.

However, for the geo-fields, I run into some issues:

When I update the post code, calculate a new lat/lng and save that to be referenced by the plugin, I see in the debugger, that the new value is there, but the tool is not refreshing the data accordingly. Once i reload the page, i get the results as expected.

Same goes for range update. New value is there in the debugger, but results arent being updated dynamically, only if i reload the page

So, now I’ve seen that we have the “Algolia Refresh a Simple Search” Action" which probably solves this. However, when I put that into my workflow, I get an error as can be seen in the screenshot below.

Has anyone experienced the same or the idea of a workaround?

Refreshing the page works but tbh, that kind of sucks because this slows down the entire search process and my whole point of using Algolia was that I wanted to have that near-instantaneous search experience.

Unbenannt

Hi @christian.gh.erb,

Thank you for getting in touch and bringing some issues with our plugin to our attention. We appreciate your feedback!

Firstly, regarding the “Algolia Refresh” action throwing an error, I’ve already forwarded this information to our development team, and we will work on resolving this issue. We will keep you updated on any progress or when an update is available to fix this.

Secondly, for the Geo-Search not working as expected, it would be very helpful if you could add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators in your Bubble application and provide us with a link to your app. This will allow us to access your settings and reproduce the issue on our end so that we can identify the problem more effectively.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you can follow these steps in the Bubble Editor:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click on Collaboration.
  3. Add the email address support@zeroqode.com.

Please note that you may receive a warning message regarding your plan when adding collaborators. However, since Zeroqode is on an Agency plan, you can safely add us as collaborators without any issues.

We look forward to your response and will do our best to assist you in resolving these concerns. :hugs:

Hello @christian.gh.erb,

We’ve just rolled out a fresh update that includes a fix for the Refresh action in Algolia. To benefit from this improvement, please make sure to update your plugin to version 3.49.0 or later. Updating your plugins is a simple process: just head over to the plugin tab in your Bubble editor, select the relevant plugin, and choose your desired version from the dropdown menu.

Additionally, regarding the issue you encountered with Geo-Search not performing as expected, we’re still eagerly awaiting your feedback on this matter.

We encourage you to test the new update and share your feedback with us :pray:

Cheers! :hugs: