Services Plugins FAQs

Algolia Search - Can I show results like an actual search bar?

When I bought the plugin, I was under the impression that it was like the bubble search field, or the Algolia website demo where it actually displays the results as part of the search bar as you type.

But it seems it is just a text input field, and the only option is to display data on the page itself as part of a repeating group…not actually like a search field where you can key down to select a result for example.

Is this possible to do as part of this plugin?

Hello @ilyafish

I’m afraid this is not possible using plugin. That will require custom work to bypass Bubble’s framework limitation.
Sorry for not being really helpful.
:pray:

Regards,
Dumitru.

I just want to make sure I’m clear on this. Does the Algolia Simple Search plugin not support auto-correct functionality in bubble?

Hello, @gravytrainjunk. Thanks for reaching out.

We need some time to investigate your question. When there will be any useful info - I let you know. Thanks for understanding :pray:

Regards,

@gravytrainjunk,

If you’ve meant the Typo Tolerance feature, which is present in original Algolia, when asking about the auto-correct feature, then the answer is - yes, it is not supported in our plugin.

At the moment, the Algolia Search 2.0 plugin does not support a Typo Tolerance and Query Suggestions features.

We may add these features in future updates. But this process requires a detailed analysis and evaluation of the time required for the update. Thus, I can’t give you exact time estimates when these features will appear in our plugin.

Thank you for understanding.
Regards,

Are there any updates on the release of Typo tolerance and Query Suggestions?

Hello, @yugule.com. Thanks for reaching out.

We need some time to investigate your question. When there will be any useful info - I let you know. Thanks for understanding :pray:

Happy New Year!
Regards,

Hi @yugule.com, sorry for the late reply.
Thank you for your patience. :pray:

Yes, it is possible to set up these two features inside our Algolia Search V. 2.0 Plugin.
Please see the screenshots below for details.

Summary

Query Suggestions

Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information.
Best regards,