Services Plugins FAQs

🔍 Algolia Search - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Of course some weird tinkering makes it work.

I deleted the original table I created and recreated it.

Not sure if I had renamed fields at any point or done something that’d cause the mapping of column names to not match the field_list selections.

tl;dr try deleting/recreating your table if you run into some funkiness

Sorry for the issues but glad you figured it out!

Hello everyone, I am very interested in using this service to increase my app performance but I am concerned with the pricing being too much. Im finding it hard to gauge how many calls and records i will need.

Do you have any fail safes for going over your rate limit? @Dumitru @levon could something like that be set in place to use bubble’s search when aloglia will not work anymore?

i’m afraid we won’t be able to make any such changes to the plugin, only if you try to capture any errors from the plugin and then use conditional workflows to switch to Bubble’s search

Alright I will try that thanks.

After using it for about 20mins I see my operations count rising very fast. I think it’s too expensive of a solution. I will wait for bubble to implement something similar.

Can I use this with the Forumly template?

just replied in a separate thread that you created, but the short answer is “yes” :slight_smile:

Sorry about that loved you Forumly plugin did exactly what I needed too, and got excited. One of selling parts of the site would be a search 2.0 like Algolia. It would just need to search Users and Users-Tags- which is basically categories title text and maybe two of three more things. Again I’m relatively new to Bubble but as something somewhat possible without to much coding I should be able to do it. My Basic under of using Algolia with Bubble is that you would need to send the information to Algolia database and then pull it from there to display it. As you mentioned in another comment you released or about to release v2. If I purchase the Algolia plugin will I have access to v2?

Thanks Mack

Yes, if you purchase the plugin it would already include the access to v2.
I am going to post about that today or tomorrow
Thanks!

Hello, everyone!

We have significantly upgraded our Algolia Search V. 2.0 Plugin with new features. Now, here is available the next actions and event:

• New event Algolia is loading. This event will let you know when the data is already in your Algolia’s state. :exclamation:
  • Action Set Algolia settings. Index settings are built directly into your index at indexing time, and they impact every search. Only specified settings are overridden; unspecified settings are left unchanged. Specifying null for a setting resets it to its default value.:exclamation:
    Here you will find the Index settings parameters: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/algolia-search-plugin/algolia-2.0-simple-search#index-settings-parameters
  • Action Add Object. Now, you can add an object to the index, automatically assigning it an object ID. :exclamation:
    if you need the object id to match the one in the bubble id, add the field objectID with bubble unique id value to the object.
  • One more feature that displays data in your app when the checkbox “Only search” is unchecked. Otherwise, the data will be displayed only when you do a search for an item. You can find this option in the plugin element.

Please check the updated documentation for the plugin in order to find the description for each feature: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/algolia-search-plugin/algolia-2.0-simple-search#algolia-setup

Hope these features will help you to improve your application :slightly_smiling_face: :partying_face:

Regards,

1 Like