Services Plugins FAQs

Algolia Search V2.0 Plugin - Using Filters

Hi there,

Loving the plug-in so far, but I’m struggling to get it set up so that users can create their own filters.

I’ve got the filters working manually by typing the filters into the box provided by the plug-in, but I want to create this using checkboxes, so they can pick what they want to look at etc.

How do I get this info into the filter box provided, and could you also let me know if it is possible for the user to choose how the results are sorted? I.e. cheapest to most expensive, most applicable, closest to location

Thank you,
Kauri

Hello @kauri.p6,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I recommend reviewing our documentation for the Algolia Search V2.0 plugin, where you’ll find detailed information about filtering options and how to set them up. It’s worth noting that many filtering configurations are typically set up on the Algolia side.

I hope this information proves useful to you. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please feel free to ask them here or at support@zeroqode.com

Wishing you a fantastic day! :blush:

Hi Dorel,

Thanks for the reply, I’ll admit I missed the section “Search for Facet Values”! However, I’m still having issues.

Algolia Set Up:
I believe I have this working, and I can use your filter box provided with the AlgoliaSimpleSearch element with no problem.

Action:

1. When should this action be triggered? I have tried “When element is Clicked” and “When element’s state is …” where I have set up for the elements state to change to “Seleceted=yes/no” when clicked. Neither seems to be working.
  2. Am I setting up these inputs right? I have tried several combinations, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Do I need to have a Max Facet Hits?

Finally, how do I make sure this is set up so that when the box is not selected, it removes these filters?

Thank you,
Kauri

Hello @kauri.p6,

I’ve relayed your query to our development team to ensure we provide the most precise assistance possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

We’ll be in touch shortly :hugs:

Hi Dorel, any updates?

Hello @kauri.p6,

I sincerely apologize for our delayed response. :pray:

Our team is actively working on significant updates to the plugin, which will enhance its functionality, including the facets features. Once this update is live, our developer team will provide me with a comprehensive guide, enabling me to assist you thoroughly.

In the meantime, is there anything else you’d like assistance with?

Again, apologies for the delays encountered :pray:

Wishing you a fantastic Monday :hugs:

Hello @kauri.p6

Firstly, we appreciate your understanding and patience throughout this process.

In using the “Search for Facet” action, the outcomes are displayed in the state “Highlighted result” within the Algolia element.

After extensive discussions with our development team regarding your request, we concur that your desired functionality should technically be feasible. Regrettably, we’ve exhausted a significant amount of time attempting to tailor a solution specific to your requirements. This endeavor has extended to the realm of Custom Development. If you’re keen on pursuing this further, we suggest considering hiring a dedicated developer from the Bubble forum’s help section.

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused and the delay in arriving at a resolution.

Wishing you a pleasant day ahead :hugs: :star2:

Hi Dorel,

Thank you very much for how much effort the team has put in. I do appreciate the level of support you provide your customers, and I understand you won’t be able to make these changes for a single person, so all good.

Just so that I make sure I understand the problem so I can decide what to do, in the question I sent you earlier, where is the area that has the issue?

As I was not able to get the instructions in the documentation you provided working, is there an issue with my approach (document above) or in the plugin, if so, what?

Or is it the last question I asked, “Finally, how do I make sure this is set up so that when the box is not selected, it removes these filters?”.

Cheers, Kauri

Hello @kauri.p6

Hope you had a refreshing weekend :pray:

To clarify the issue with facets, when attempting to deselect specific options, the challenge arose in ensuring only the selected option’s value was removed from the facets. Currently, unchecking a single checkbox removes all the facets.

Here’s a guide to setting up facets:

Attribute Setup: Begin by ensuring you’ve added the attribute for facets and that these attributes are set to be searchable.

Bubble Workflow:

1. Initiate a workflow using the “search for facet” action.

2. Within this action, input the facet name and query.

Results: The outcome will be displayed in the designated Algolia element, under the “Highlighted result” and the “List of values” state.

Hope this helped sheer some light :star2: :hugs:

Hi Dorel,

This might be of interest to your team, but I decided to use a fact filter plugin (Facet / Search Filter Widget Plugin | Bubble). The results I’ve had have been fantastic, and if it is within your policy, I would encourage you to make your users aware, as it solves a lot of the problems I was having.

Even better, I think you could get a lot of merit out of reaching out to the plugin Author about combining your forces. I reached out to him about a bug I had encountered and he was super helpful and had fixed the issue in under 24 hours.

Thanks,
Kauri

Hi @kauri.p6,

Thank you so much for your recommendation! I’m sure it will be useful for other Bubble enthusiasts who land on this forum thread :pray:

If there are any other questions, issues, or ideas you’d like to share, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Have a wonderful day! :hugs:

could you make a simple guide on how to use algolia simple search with facet / search filter widget. I’m having the same issue.

Hello @mack2580,

Thank you for your interest in our plugin and for reaching out.

If you’re considering using Algolia with a focus on search functionality that includes faceting or search filters, our documentation provides comprehensive guidance. It offers a detailed, step-by-step walkthrough on setting everything up efficiently.

For additional learning resources, we recommend exploring our Algolia-focused playlist on YouTube, which you can find here: YouTube Playlist.

Furthermore, to deepen your understanding of Algolia’s faceting, you might find the following link informative: Algolia Faceting Guide. Faceting is a broad topic with many specifics, and this guide covers them comprehensively.

We hope you find this information useful. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or need assistance.

Best regards,
Stephan

I’ve been through the docs quite a few times I’m running into a issue where I see this. I posted on bubble and the recommended this plugin. I’m still having some issues, I cannot seem to get unique elements in a a repeating group using unique elements. I posted about it on the Bubble forums. It seems there isn’t a real easy way to do facets.

I want my app feel like algolia facets. I was able to do this with in the past. When implenting Algolia I get duplicates text. I tried to use unique elements to refine it with no avail. Exampe

Again I tried to use unique elements to filter the repeating numbers it is not working at all. Above is what I want.

Hello @mack2580,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

After reviewing your current inquiry, I’d like to inform you that there’s already an active investigation for your same request concerning filtering unique items, from Bubble forum.

Our development team is currently looking into this request. Rest assured, I will keep you updated with any progress or insights as they become available.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hello @mack2580,

I trust you’re doing well and want to thank you for your patience while we worked on finding a solution :pray:.

I’m thrilled to announce that with version 3.61.0 of the Algolia Search plugin, we have rolled out a new feature named “Filter Unique Items.”

This functionality permits you to select a specific field in your Algolia Index to ensure that only unique items are fetched. This means the plugin will guarantee that your plugin element displays only unique items, just as you wanted.

Please be aware that Algolia treats text/numbers in quotes differently from plain numbers. So, an entry with 123 and another as “123” are seen as two separate items and will both appear in the results.

To take advantage of this new feature, simply go to the “plugins” section in your Bubble editor, locate the plugin, and update to the latest version by choosing it from the dropdown list.

After you’ve applied this update, we would be keen to hear your thoughts on it. Please inform us whether it meets your expectations or if there are any problems!

Thank you once again for you input, and we’re looking forward to your feedback :blush:

Best regards,
Stefan