Services Plugins FAQs

Algolia Simple Search Plugin - Filter Scoring

Hello Zeroqode Team,

I am using the Algolia Simple Search plugin for searches in my Bubble app, and first I want to say that it is an amazing plugin! Thanks a lot for developing this!

I am trying to filter using the _tags filter and want to assign scores, to better filter the data. I tried entering the filters using the syntax used here in the link below but that does not seem to work.

https://www.algolia.com/doc/guides/managing-results/refine-results/filtering/in-depth/filter-scoring/

Would you be able to help?

Thanks,
Stephane

Hello, @stephane
Thanks for reaching out.

Firstly, we are really grateful to receive such warm feedback from you :slightly_smiling_face:
As for your request, please verify if you added the searching field (by which the sorting is performed) in the Algolia Dashboard.

Please check it and let me know about your result.
Best regards,

Hello Escaterina,

Thank you for your reply. I checked the settings and tried again but still no luck. This is what I am trying to do : Filter scoring | Algolia

Please see below how the filter looks like in Bubble

Below are screenshots of the Algolia Settings

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 6.18.14 AM

Thanks,
Stephane

Hello, @stephane

I checked your screenshots and suppose, that the issue is in your filter code:

Please note that you have opened the “<”, but haven’t closed it “>”, as you made it for another “”.

Please try it and let me know about your result.
Best regards,

Hi Ecaterina,

I closed the bracket “>” but that didn’t change it, unfortunately. Without the ‘score’ I am able to get results, do you think there could be anything wrong with this syntax?

Thanks,
Stephane

Hello, @stephane
I’m sorry for this situation.

Due to the fact that we have some additional questions regarding your settings, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.
Regards,

Hi @Ecaterina,

I have added the Support Team as a collaborator, the link to the app is: https://bubble.io/page?id=localnyc

Thank you for your help! I look forward to hearing back!

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

Hello, @stephane
Thank you for providing access.

We started to investigate your application, however, need to receive additional information from you :slightly_smiling_face:

We found that you have a lot of plugin elements within your application, so finding the specific one, where you are trying to filter by the TAGS is not so simple. Can you please specify an exact element, where we can find it?

Also, you used the old version of the plugin within the app. Allow me to point here that in the latest version of the plugin we are implemented the Faceted search and many other features. Thus, it was upgraded by me.

Due to this fact, please try to create the required functionality with the upgraded version. If it will not help you, please indicate the title of the element :pray:

Best regards,

Hello Ecaterina,

The specific page where I wanted to use the feature is called shopping_guide.
I believe I have the latest version of the plugin, I will check again.

Regards,
Stephane

Hello, @stephane

As was mentioned previously, within your application we upgraded the plugin during our investigation. The new plugin version was updated with a lot of features. You can find the description here: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/algolia-search-plugin/algolia-2.0-simple-search#plugin-actions

Please carefully check the description for each Plugin Action for better understanding.

In case I can help you with any additional information - let me know.
Best regards,