Services Plugins FAQs

AlgoliaSimpleSearch - AND/OR Filter Logic issues

Hi. I love the speed of using the lgoliaSimpleSearch plugin so far. However, when using Filters on the A I am getting results I do not expect.

Test 1

I get 12 results when I use the Filter:

object:contact

Test 2

I run the following and got 19 results:

object:billingfile OR object:contact

Test 3

I then run the following filter and get zero results:

object:billingfile AND franchise:1687433775252x257357017907579700 OR object:contact

The same is true in this order:

object:contact OR object:billingfile AND franchise:1687433775252x257357017907579700

As far as I understand, I should be getting 12 results from this filter. It appears that the AND is superseding the following OR filter. Is there an issue with “X AND Y OR Z” not being possible with this plugin or a setting I am missing?

Please let me know if you need any further information

If this forum entry is correct, then it looks like the issue is with Algolia not offering “(X AND Y) OR Z” at all…

I spent half a day figuring this out as the error message on the debugger didn’t include any info on why no results were being returned.

Perhaps, adding this to the Zeroquode Documentation would help or making the error message more meaningful :thinking: This could save other users more time :+1:

Hello @tim6,

Thanks for your purchase and for bringing this to our attention.

I’m glad you were able to find an answer and solve the mentioned issue.
Indeed, the plugin is quite extensive and requires some meticulous adjustments for a successful integration into the Bubble app, especially when comes to customizing the way it searches.

Greatly appreciate your suggestions to add this Tip to our documentation.:pray:
I asked our team to examine the plugin documentation and incorporate this information.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you have further questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Have a great weekend ahead. :slightly_smiling_face:
Best regards,

1 Like