Services Plugins FAQs

Audio Recorder microphone always opened

Hi guys, I am having an issue with your audio recording plugin, it doesn’t turn off the microphone, even after a user stops recording. Actually the microphone is opened as soon as the page loads. It’s kinda freaky… sorry to say so. I am building an app, and the audio recording part is the most important feature. Beyond that, the plugin works well.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi @peercelina90,

Thanks for using our products. Unfortunately, currently this plugin cannot influence closing the microphone access within your browser, and the way it is functioning is on page load. But you can turn it off manually by not allowing its browser access and it will disappear. However, you can be sure that recording is turned off when pressing the stop button. Hope it is helpful.

Thank you for understanding.

Best,
Alex

Hi @alexandru,

I am having the exact same issue with the microphone. It asks for permission to use as soon as page loads and it stays on as long as you are in the page, even when not “recording”. I understand that it only actually records when the user clicks the button but it stills looks like we are recording when it is not. This is how it looks like even when I am not recording:

Could you make it ask for permision when it is clicked upon rather than when the page loads, or at least have an action to end the permission when the element is clicked or not visible. Some sort of workaround would be great.

cc: @levon @vladlarin

This is the most important aspect of my web app hope we can find a way to fix it.

Thank you very much!

Hello @srodab

Thanks for reaching out!

We’ll check this out how feasible it is to be implemented.
Thanks for understanding :pray:

Regards,
Dumitru.

Hi @Dumitru,

Thanks for your prompt response!
Please let me know as soon as you can as I was planning on launching soon.

Hello @srodab

Thanks for patience we’ve checked the possibility to make the changes , unfortunately it is not possible.
The permission request for microphone is only possible on page load in all browsers, as an example is a Map on page which also requests permission for location on loaded page before making an action.
As for notification pop-up which is a part of the browser, also we can not interact with.
In order to turn off notification it is required to refresh the page, we’ve tried interacting in this way but basically it’ll break the user experience.

Thanks for understanding :pray:

Regards,
Dumitru.

Thank you Dumitru. I have found a work around by opening a popup.

@Dumitru
I just realized that the microphone does not work in Chrome browser for Mobile. I click on it and it is does not record. And it does not even ask for permission to record when the “page is loaded” apparently Chrome does not detect the Microphone.

Can you please look into this?

Thanks

Hi @Dumitru,

Did you get a chance to look at the Issue I mentioned on my last post on this thread?
Microphone is not working on Google Chrome mobile version.

@alexandru could you take a look at this?

Thanks guys :muscle:

Hello @srodab

Sorry for delayed reply due to weekends, we’ll definitely take a look at the issue. :pray:

Can you tell us which OS ver. , Chrome ver. you’re using , also additional details which can help us better? Have you tried resetting the permission settings on the devices and give access to microphone also in browser?
Thanks for understanding.