Services Plugins FAQs

Audio Recorder Plugin for Android & iOS

Hi.
I’m trying to develop a Bubble Web App with recording function.
Audio Recorder Plugin is working well for PC web browser(Safari, Chrome), but not for Android & iOS so far.
On Android mobile, Plugin can be started/stopped & upload a file without sound.
On iOS (iPad), Plugin can be started/stopped & upload a file with very small sound, which I can slightly hear the sound with maximum volume.

Is this because of my mobile device settings?
Or any special settings needed to use on the devices except PC browsers?

Please help me to find out the solution.

Hello @y.ogawa, thank you for your message.

We have tested the plugin’s work on the Demo page from our side to make sure it functions as intended. We have tested the plugin from IOS (iPhone 6, X with the latest versions), and Android 11 (Pixel 2XL,(Chrome, Firefox, and the default browser)) - on all devices the sound was clear.

Therefore, there might be a few reasons for the quality loss on your side, please consider this when recording an audio file from a mobile device.

• The quality of the recorded audio track could be distorted by the browser’s microphone.
  • The audio processing in the browser might cause quality loss.
  • The converting of the audio track in ‘wav/m4a’ format can as well generate a quality loss.

Besides that, make sure that the microphone is not blocked by anything before recording.

Let me know if you managed to sort it out, and have a nice weekend ahead!

Thank you, Greg.

After received your reply, I tried again and found out that Android also recorded but with very very small sound.
I could hardly hear it with normal volume (about half of the sound volume bar).
This was the same for the both cases with the external mic device and with smartphone mic.

When you mention “the sound was clear”, volume also had no problem?
Clear to hear with normal volume?

Hey @y.ogawa, hope you are well.

Indeed, the sound was clear enough to understand that it was recorded with the same microphone volume used for calls on the device. When recording the sound on the Android device the volume was as on an average call.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.