Services Plugins FAQs

Audio recorder plugin issues with long content

Hi there,

1 - I just ran a quick test from the demo page to see how long the Audio recorder plugin could record a content.
I had the recorder running for about 9 min (file size 92mb). When done, I clicked on “download” but I wasn’t able to access the audio file. I know that bubble wouldn’t allow files bigger than 50mb to be uploaded in the backend to the DB. Is that what’s being encountered here? If so, how are we supposed to work around it?

2- The audio recorder doesn’t seem to capture content when using the same device. For instance: opening youtube on one tab and have the recorder on the another one. The audio recorder made by bubble is able to accomplish this.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance here.

Hi @diagszer,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the delayed reply.

It looks like the issue is with the file size limit you’ve set in the Plugin Element, please try to increase the file limit for the saved Audio file and give it another try.
Also, you might need to upgrade from the Free Bubble plan which allows uploading files with a max of 50 MB.

If the audio recorder you’re using isn’t capturing audio from other tabs or applications on the same device, it might be due to a limitation in how it accesses and captures audio. Here are a few considerations and potential solutions:

Browser and Permissions:

1. Browser Permissions: Ensure that the browser has the necessary permissions to access the audio output of your device. You may need to check the browser’s settings to ensure it can capture system audio.
  2. Cross-Tab Limitations: Some browsers may have limitations that prevent capturing audio from other tabs for privacy and security reasons.

If you have other questions, please let me know.

Have a great weekend ahead.
Regards,