Services Plugins FAQs

Audio Recorder's Audio base64 not working

Hello!

I am building an app where the audio recorder plays a central role. I need to send audio to the Google Cloud Speech API in base64, but the “audio base64” value is always empty using Zeroqode’s audio recorder plugin.
I can record and the audio file gets saved to AWS though.
Would you know if this is something that can be solved?

Thank you and best regards!

Hello, @michael.lozano.mail
Thanks for reporting this issue.

Please allow us to check internally the reason for appearing the issue and to revert with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for understanding.
Best regards,

By this message, I would like to notify you that we have fixed the issue with displaying the “audio base64” with Audio Recorder plugin.
Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and give it a try. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,

Hello @Ecaterina,

Thank you for your quick feedback. I’ve been testing and still have an issue with the plugin: the base64 output only works if I uncheck the “save to AWS” option. That means that I we are unable to store the audio files on Bubble once generated.
I don’t think that I’m doing something wrong this time, would it be possible for your teams to have a look?

Thank you very much!

Thanks for reporting your issue.

We have tested the possibility to display the Base64 output with the data and to save the files and is working properly.
In order to help you with the correct configuration for the required action, can you please share with us the screenshots of the current workflow for each element?

I’m afraid that we can not reproduce or investigate this issue without more info. Please attach all the necessary info like:

• the description of what you wanted to achieve and the actual result;

• how to reproduce your issue;

• settings for the element of the plugin.

Looking to hear you soon.
Best regards,

Im facing the same issue too.

Description
Ideally, I’d like to upload straight to AWS while also exposing both the AWS URL Value and the base64 value.

Im hoping to have an instantaneous recording playback with the Base64 value while the the file gets uploaded to AWS in the background.

How to reproduce your issue

• However, with “Save to AWS” selected only the “Value” is displayed after uploaded to AWS, “Base64” remains empty.

• If “Save to AWS” unselected, “Base64” is exposed but instantly triggers file download on the browser.

Settings

Hope this helps clarify what Michael is facing as well

Hello @lweili,

I didn’t take the time to answer yet, but I face the exact same issue!

Thank you!!

Hello, @lweili
Thanks for reporting your request.

Please allow us to check the possibility upload recorded files both to AWS and Base 64 at the same time.
We will revert to you ASAP with the response from our side.

Thanks for understanding.
Best regards,

Thanks!

Another alternative would be to have a workflow to upload to aws separately (instead of the auto upload currently), base64 and aws doesn’t have to be at the same time.

Auto upload is more streamlined for a plugin usability standpoint but impact UX slightly… Having control to upload separately could support more use cases such as instant playback or multiple redos.

Hope this feedback helps

Hello, @lweili
Thanks for the feedback.

Please allow us to check your proposal internally with our developer team and to revert to you with the news.

Thank you.
Best regards,

Hello, @lweili
Thanks for your waiting.

By this message, I would like to notify you that we have improved the Audio recorder plugin (the current version is 1.28.0) with the required features. Using an updated version of the plugin, you will always get encoded Base 64 file, and additionally, will be able to upload files to AWS separately.

Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and give it a try. It will help you to work with an upgraded version of the plugin.

Hope it will help you.
Best regards,

1 Like

Thank you for this! This makes playback instantaneous now while it uploads in the background.

1 Like

Hello, @lweili

Happy to hear that this improvement was helpful for you.
In case of any additional questions will appear - please let me know.

Best regards,

Hello, thank you so much!

You guys at Zeroqode are really quick at bug fixing, the base64 works wonders now :smiley:

I would have one question regarding the ability to upload to AWS separately : how do you do that? I can’t seem to find any new workflow action.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Thanks for your question.

You can enable or disable saving recorded files on AWS using this checkbox:

In case you are willing to save your file in AWS after record stopping, you just need to enable this option.
As an alternative solution, you can save the file on your device and after it to upload the file to any desired resource.

Hope this option will help you.
Best regards,

Hello, I need to clear the audio recorder when the user closes the popup, how can I get that done?

Hi there, @tarekroustom!

Thank you for your query.

As I understand from your message, you want to reset the data from the recorder after the user closes the popup.
Unfortunately, it is not possible with the plugin, cause after the download is finished, there is an event written in the plugin, that automatically saves the file on the computer.

If your idea was different, kindly provide more details, so we can try to find a solution for you.

Best regards.