Services Plugins FAQs

Avatar Plugin - Pre-populate dropdown with "Generate Random Avatar" action

Hi ZeroCode team,

I have bought your Avatar Creator plugin: it’s very nice and there are lots of thing doable thanks to it - many kudozz!

I noticed that the “Generate Rondom Avatar” action creates an URL that the AVATAR “X” element reads and display.
I assume you agree with me that the user is often quite happy with the results of this action and would just like to fine tune it, changing 1 or 2 elements (i.e. changing eye color, removing mustache, etc.).

Unfortunately, the dropdowns associated with the plugin are empty, and therefore the user has no way to just modify the random avatar, and should always start from scratch on a new Avatar and this could discourage many from using this functionality - the fact that there are so many options turns out to be both a pro (if you want to fine tune something) and a con of the plugin (if you always need to start from scratch).

So my question is: would it be possible to have the doprdowns pre-populated with the values of the URL parameters coming from the “Generate random plugin” action?

Hope my question is clear, otherwise I’ll be happy to clarify it further.

TAV,
Renato

Hi @renato1
Thanks for reaching out to us and for your detailed message. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve passed this suggestion to the developer team, in case any news will become available in this regard, I will let you know.

Have a nice day!

Best,
Gulce

Hi @renato1,
Thank you for your patience.

By this message, I would like to notify you that we have upgraded the Avatar Creator Plugin and now, you will be able to modify the random avatar. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version (1.5.0.) and give it a try.

Best,
Gulce

Hi Gulce,

Great news, thanks!
Do you plan to update the public plugin page (editor) shortly? I’d like to see it in action before update it to the latest version in my app, so to examine any possible impact on my customization beforehand :wink:

Oh, BTW, I’ve noticed that when you select “Hat” as “Hair type” and then modify the value of “Hair color” the hat do not change color accordingly - as the rest of things usually does (HTH ;-))

Thanks again,
Renato

Hi @renato1,

Always welcome!

We’ve already updated the demo page and editor. You can test the functionality, before updating the version. Here: https://zeroqode-demo-12.bubbleapps.io/avatar_creator

As for hat color, I’ve tested the plugin regarding your feedback. However, when you set the “Hat color” field to “hair color’s value” in the plugin action (Generate Avatar Avatar X), it automatically changes the hat color depending on the hair color.

In case it doesn’t work on your side, could you please share screenshots and/or screenshots, so I can take a look. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Best,
Gulce