Services Plugins FAQs

AWS File uploade TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'files')

I get the following error when loading a page with AWS File Uploader - Strange enough I only get this error on one page but not another

The plugin AWS File uploader - Any size / element File uploader threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘files’)
at eval (PLUGIN_1527575349408x715242509040615400/AWS-File-uploader—Any-size–update–File-uploader-.js:3:49550)
at https://tms.airexpresshaiti.com/package/run_debug_js/f9908e796593f9e9f783e84f91635baa47ce616dc934d015fb63d9cd5e39133a/xfalse/x25/run_debug.js:481:677 (please report this to the plugin author)

Hello Jan,

Thanks for your message and for using our plugin.

Can you help us with more info? Please let us know which version of the plugin you’re using. Also, a walk-through of how you’ve set it up and the steps you take right before the issue pops up would be great, this information will enable us to accurately replicate the scenario on our end and effectively address the problem.

Thanks a ton for your patience and cooperation. :pray:

Warm regards,
Stephan

I updated the widget but the strange thing is the identical error was appearing on another page, than I replaced the old widget with a brand new one and re-entered all the values and it worked. - For this other page I copied the same one from the other page where everything worked and started one from scratch same issue. - I can jump on a call if that helps.

Thanks so much for your support

Hello @jan.holz1990 ,

Thank you for your reply!

We provide general assistance for our products only via our forum or at: support@zeroqode.com

Please ensure that you’ve carefully checked the plugin’s documentation and demo editor page for additional workflow examples.

To understand better what went wrong inside your plugin, could you please provide an additional recording video of your app configuration, the plugin element, the workflow used, and how you are replicating error (please use step-by-step mode, and send us a detailed video).

These details will help us check with the dev team and get back to you with more information.

Thanks again, looking forward to your reply. :pray:

Best regards

Here is the recoridng - Thank you soo much

Dropbox - Error.mp4 - Simplify your life

1 Like

Hey Jan,

Thanks for your reply, we’ve carefully reviewed the details you provided and have a few insights to share.

From what we understood, your index page designed for browser usage appears to be functioning correctly, while the mobile version, which incorporates a reusable element with the plugin, is experiencing the error. To better assist you, we would like to suggest the following:

• Workflow Verification: Please ensure that the plugin’s workflow is situated in the reusable element not in the mobile page. If the workflow is currently situated on the page instead of within the reusable element, this could potentially be the root of the issue.
  • Filenames Prefix Setting: We’ve noticed that you have the Filenames prefix option activated. For this feature to work, it must have the Add prefix to the filename checkbox, located above the prefix setting, checked.

Additionally, could you provide any further information such as a video of the mobile page itself, and the workflow related to the plugin element in the mobile version.

Thank you once again for your patience. I hope that everything will turn out well.

Best regards,
Stephan

I did the change suggested and verified the element lives on the reusable elemend

I still get the same error - i an do anohter video but didnt fully understand what i shoul ddo

I dont have a workflow connected to the workflow other than if the upload is complete and you click upload in the button it takes the URL from the plugin but it never uploads so i can never take the URL

Hey Jan,

Apologies for the delayed response due to the holiday season. I hope you had a wonderful New Year’s Eve! :christmas_tree:

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still experiencing issues with the plugin.

Please record a new screen video, by using Loom tool (which has higher quality), where you’ll show the setup of the mobile page from your Bubble editor, plugin element configuration, workflow used and after your preview your app, please run it in step-by-step mode to ensure that there are no empty values inside element or workflow steps.

Also please check the browser console from ‘inspect element’ for any errors there?

These details will help us understand better what went wrong inside your app with our plugin.

Looking forward to your reply. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

My apology for the late response - here is the looop recording Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR THE HELP

1 Like

Hi @jan.holz1990,

I hope this message finds you well. I apologize for the delayed response due to the weekend.

Thank you for sending over the video. The issue you’re facing is quite unusual, particularly since it occurs on one page but not on another. Rest assured, our team is actively investigating issues related to the AWS file uploader. In the meantime, please ensure that you’re using our latest plugin version “1.160.0”, released last week, as this may resolve the problem. :pray:

To better understand and resolve your issue, we must get a closer look at your app’s settings. Although the videos you sent were helpful, we need more details. If you feel comfortable, could you please add our Support Team as collaborators in your Bubble application.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you can follow these steps in the Bubble Editor:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click on Collaboration.
  3. Add the email address support@zeroqode.com.

Please note that you may receive a warning message regarding your plan when adding collaborators. However, since we are an Agency, you can easily add us as collaborators without any issues.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Stephan

I upgraded but with same result! - I added you as colaborator really appriiate your help!

1 Like

Hey @jan.holz1990,

Thank you adding us as collaborators and for your patience over this issue. :pray:

I accessed the mobile-app page, as demonstrated in your video, and initially encountered the same console errors and issues you highlighted.

Interestingly, during my review in preview mode, I received a notification indicating that some changes were made to the app. Upon refreshing, both fileUploader elements appeared and functioned correctly, and the earlier errors in the console were no longer present.

I’m curious to know if you made any updates to the page today that might explain these changes. Everything seemed to revert back shortly afterwards.

Looking forward to your insights on this.

Best regards,
Stephan

I didn’t change anything today :open_mouth: - I also tried today again even on the mobile phone still samw issue super weird . Really appreciate your help

Hi @jan.hendrik.holz ,

Thank you for your reply.

I’ve forwarded all details to our dev team for additional research, as soon as I have any updates, I will get back to you.

Thank you for understanding and cooperation. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hello @jan.hendrik.holz,

I hope this message finds you well. :pray:

I’m excited to inform you about the latest update of the AWS File Uploader plugin, now available in version “1.162.0”. Could you kindly update your app with this new version and let me know if it resolves your issue?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Stephan

I did but see same results - does it work for you?

1 Like

Hi @jan.hendrik.holz,

From what we have seen, with the new update you won’t get the errors in inspect anymore. Also, we’ve noted that resizing the screen even a little bit will make the elements appear on the page, this may be linked with the old responsive.

We will try to find what is causing that, but in meanwhile, you may want to consider moving the page to a new responsive design as some bubble functionalities and plugins may not be functional with the old one.

Waiting for your opinion on this matter. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

this did the trick - I uploaded to the new responsive design and it works again. THANK YOU THANK THANK YOU!! For your help!!