Services Plugins FAQs

AWS File uploader - Documentation to setup not uptodate

Hi,

I just brought the plugin AWS File uploader, thinking I could solve my S3 uploading problem in a few minutes, but I’m stuck trying to set it up as all the AWS console changed and I can’t find the same parameters as in the visuals of this page :

Is there any updated documentation ? If there is not, how can I get refunded ?

Hello, @alexandre.boulme
Sorry for this inconvenience.

Can you please let me know which exact parameters you can’t find right now? I will gladly assist you with checking them.

Indeed, the design on the AWS side was a bit changed, but the names of the sections, their location, and so on remain the same. Also, all the instruction for configuring this plugin is valid, since all steps have remained the same :pray:

Please let me know that exactly is unclear to you and I will help you to find the required sections on the platform.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

@Ecaterina ok thanks for your answer, so on the first step of the cognito userPool creation, I can’t find the “unauthenticatedEntities” parameter.

Thanks for your help !

Hello, @alexandre.boulme
Thanks for the question.

This step remained the same on the AWS platform, so our documentation describes the correct steps for creating AWS Cognito Identity account. Please follow the steps below:

• Enter this link https://console.aws.amazon.com/cognito/home

• Select “Identity pools”;

• Press on “Create new Identity Pool”:

• Now, you entered an exact required page with all parameters

Hope it will be helpful for you :slightly_smiling_face:
Let me know how else I can help you with this plugin.

Best regards,

@Ecaterina thanks for your help, I finally found the solution. The mistake I was making was that there are 2 things in Cognito “user pools” and “identity pools” and I was creating a user pool… Sorry about that.

Now it’s working fine, I just have 3 more questions :

Thanks a lot for your help !

Hello, @alexandre.boulme
Thanks for reaching out.

Please find below my replies to all your questions:

Yes, it is correct behavior. Placeholder - default text description that will be displayed in the editor until there is something to preview. So it could not be changed depending on some criteria dynamically.

Initial Value - file to be uploaded to AWS initially, when the page with the plugin loads (it is an optional feature). Dynamic-link will be uploaded to AWS initially:

Please share the settings for this field, so I will be able to check if all is configured correctly.

Please make sure that you have configured this action properly. Place a button on the page and give it a name (for example, ‘Delete Files’).

Here is the example of the correct settings from our demo page:

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

@Ecaterina thank for your answer !

Concerning the placeholder, I found a workaround.

On the initial value, here is the value I put in :

“documentUrl” being the “File url” returned by the file uploader :
Capture d’écran 2022-05-30 à 15.40.45

Could you please tell me what I’m doing wrong ?

For the file deletion, I also use the “documentUrl” parameter :

On your example of files deletion, I understand that you delete all the files present on the bucket. Is it the case ? I 'd like to delete only one specific file, that’s why I was trying to use the “documentUrl”. Still I can use “S3” object if it’s better, but I don’t see how I can retrieve the specific url of the file I wan’t to delete ?

Hello, @alexandre.boulme
Thanks for the question.

On our Demo page, you can find an action for “Delete all files” and for “Delete file”:

So, as a Key for the “Detele file” action should be used the URL of the file to be deleted.

You can retrieve all the URLs of your files from AWS and manually select one of them for deleting ( for example).

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Best regards,