Services Plugins FAQs

AWS File Uploader Issue

I’ve been using this plugin for a while with no issues, but recently upgraded from version 1.50.0 to the latest version 1.63.0 and am now experiencing an issue with the file uploader element.

The element appears on the screen correctly on pageload (see below):

But when I use the ‘reset input a file uploader’ action in a workflow to reset the element, it changes size (height increases 3-4 times) as it appears on the page (see below):

It was fine in the older version I was using so must be an issue with the latest version.

Hello @adam1

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. :pray:

Could you kindly provide more details , like page setup, what types of groups/elements are present on page, are there any overlapping elements , any CSS styles are provided, some additional screenshots etc. would help us check this better?

Thanks for understanding :pray:

Regards,
Dumitru

Hi @Dumitru,

Thanks for responding…

Yea sure, here’s screen shot of my workflow:

The reset action is step 7.

If I take that action out and don’t reset the uploader then there’s no problem with the element changing size, so it’s definitely the reset element that is causing it.

Also, interestingly, if I put a pause of about 3 seconds between step 6 and the resetAWS action, then the size remains correct after it’s reset. but any less than 3 seconds and it doesn’t.

Also I’ve tried putting the reset AWS action at different points in the workflow, and it doesn’t make any difference.

Just to re-iterate, this wasn’t happening with version 1.50.0 - it’s only started since I upgraded yesterday.

The blue upload element should have a height of 40 (and according the debuger still does even after it’s reset and changed in size).

The element is contained in a group which also has a height of 40 and isn’t overlapping anything.

As I said, it was working fine in version 1.50.0 (and still is), it’s just an issue since upgrading to version 1.63.0

Hi @adam1,

Let me jump in here to help you!

Could you please also share plugin element settings (with all fields and checkboxes) so we can replicate it on our side and see where the possible problem might be.

Also, what browser and OS you are using to develop your app?

Does the Parent group have a fixed-width? It would be best to share the group element settings as well, for a proper investigation.

We’ll get back to you with working solutions asap!

Alex

Hi Alex,

I’ve recreated the elements on a new test page and am having the exact same issue.

I’m using Chrome on Windows to develop my app.

Here’s a quick video of the issue again:

>>> Video of issue <<<

When the input fileuploader element is reset in the workflow it changes height. It seems to do this no matter what the original height was (I’ve tried making it taller to start with as well, and then it shrinks back to the height shown in the video once it’s reset).

Here are some screenshots of the element and it’s containers:

Update: It seems if I take the uploader element out if it’s parent group the issue doesn’t occur - so it must be something to do with it’s parent group being hidden and then shown again that’s making it’s height display incorrectly when the uploader element is reset.

Hi @adam1,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, we are still not able to replicate this issue on our side. Could you please add our support@zeroqode.com account to your Settings / Collaboration tab (ignore the message regarding plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us).

Please tell us your app name and page name where it occurs on test. Also, if you don’t mind it would be best to grant Admin rights so we can so we can tweak the plugin on your end in your testing page, it will speed things up.

We’ll investigate this troubles within your editor and get back to you with a feedback asap. :pray:

Best,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I’ve recreated the issue in a new test app, so I’ve added you as a collaborator with admin access.

The app is called ‘Aws-upload-test’ and the page with the uploader is ‘upload_test’

1 Like

Hi @adam1,

We managed to fix this issue. Please upgrade to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again!

Best,
Alex

1 Like

Hi Alex,

That’s fantastic, it’s working perfectly now - thanks for that…

Just one quick question regarding the plugin…

Regarding the ‘Max File Size’ and ‘Max Timeout’ - when uploading multiple files at once (when the many files options is checked), do they refer to the max file size and timeout for each individual file being uploaded, or to the total file size of all the files in the upload?

Thanks again
Adam

Ah, I’ve found the answer in the documentation now so no worries.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Thanks @adam1 for confirming!

I’m glad it is working well on your side. If you like our plugin so far, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins!

Best,
Alex

1 Like