Services Plugins FAQs

AWS File Uploader issues (Android Webview App)

Dear ZeroQode support team,

I have discovered a number of issues in the AWS File Uploader Plug-in. There is a difference in functionality as soon as the app is included in the Google Play store. These are the differences:

1. As soon as you upload multiple images, the AWS uploader will no longer show previews.
  2. The screen (container) does not become larger as soon as multiple photos are uploaded.
  3. Uploading videos (single and multiple) from a camera is not possible.
  4. The restriction on the type of files to be uploaded is set in the Bubble App but in the Android App you can upload all kinds of other files.

Link to the Bubble App: https://likejewijk.app/
Link to the App in the Google Play Store: https://bit.ly/2Qr7qOJ

Within a normal webbrowser the AWS file uploader works just fine.

Can you solve these issues please?

Regards,
Julian

Hello @idpro1

Thank you for reaching out and feedback. In order to understand if you like the plugin, as well as make sure it fits within your required functionality, we are providing the opportunity to demo it via demo pages. We strongly encourage you to test it, before purchase.

Please make note that all of our plugins are fully functional when are shipped with the described features while complying to bubble’s rules and marketplace policies on building and publishing - https://manual.bubble.io/building-plugins.html .
Plugins are build first and foremost with Bubble web application in mind and web browsers compatibility accordingly, where they’re used.
Thanks for understanding.
:pray:
If you have any other questions let us know.

Regards,
Dumitru.

Thanks for your reply.

Too bad that the AWS file uploader plugin doesn’t work out of the box in a webview app.
So maybe it’s better for me to use your native apps service where everything works exactly like in your browser, to get the AWS file uploader working?

Please reply because we have to move on…

Hello @idpro1

Apologies for late response here, the plugins could work inside the wrapper however not 100% accurately, unfortunately.
Sorry for not being helpful.

Regards,
Dumitru.

This it not the answer I was hoping for. It cost us lots of time, money and effort to build the app with your AWS File Uploader as main feature in the app. We did a lot of research on your website and based on your text on your website_“The app will look and work exactly as it does in the mobile browser”_ we decided to build it. Now we know better. Do you have any suggestion where to start as we are completely dependant of no code suppliers like you?

Dear @idpro1, hello.

Sorry for late response and apologies to hear about your experience.

However due to nature of the plugins and native wrappers, there is no 100% guarantee, that every plugin will behave in both instances exactly.
It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it will take us some time to test plugin behavior in order to provide an definitive answer.

Regards,
Dumitru.

@Dumitru,
Thanks for your response. We are curious about the outcome of your tests. We will wait for that. We also have extensively tested this plugin and would like to inform you that the AWS file uploader works as expected in the iOS wrapper.

Regards,
Julian

Good morning @Dumitru, our App is ready for launching but we are still waiting for you guys. Any news about the different behaviour bug of the AWS file uploader plugin in the Android wrapper solution?

Hello @idpro1!

Sorry we’re still checking on our side, the plugin inside the webview.
We’ll provide info regarding it asap.

Best,
Dumitru.

@idpro1 Hello.

Thanks for patience, we’re still making test with additional resources thrown in, however we’ll need to check your android app as well.
We’d need the application file since we tried to download it from google play : https://bit.ly/2Qr7qOJ though it’s not possible, since it’s not available in our region.
Thanks for cooperation and understanding.

Best,
Dumitru.

@Dumitru

Thanks for your support!
I created this APK file for testing.
(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S69g9CWS6Mp0jyZAcMku9nO_pyAEJAH-)

Regards,
Julian

1 Like

The deadline for releasing our App is coming really close now. Can you please give me a status update about your progress in debugging the AWS File Uploader?

Hello Julian.

Sorry for taking some time with this task.
Thanks for patience, we checked the plugin inside your both apps (web and webview native), so let me go through all the 4 questions:

1. While checking the app in webview it indeed can not preview the multiple selected images selected at once, since this should be updated in the code for webview solution.
  2. We checked both apps , web and webview which were provided by you. Looks like the container does change it’s dimensions when uploading multiple images inside it, with image one at a time.
  3. Multiple videos at once while selecting from the camera will require setting the permissions to access the video media files in webview code.
  4. This should be set in the webview wrapper via code snippet permissions to limit the type of files which should be matched the ones you’ve set in the AWS S3 Bucket permissions.

While our native solution https://zeroqode.com/native ; indeed provides a range of features out of the box however the permissions for file types, for example should be set inside the wrapper with additional code snippet permission which the native does not come with. Meaning it’ll be required some code tweaking for above issues which you’ve encountered.
Hope this helps.

Also we did update the plugin with a fix, changelog as follows:

• Fix - recalculate height of the container when many files uploaded.

So please use the latest version.

Regards,
Dumitru.

@Dumitru

Thanks for your comment. We are glad that you came to the same conclusion. Now we would like to move on to the next step so that we have the most important function in our app (your AWS File uploader plugin) working. Do you take care of this or should we look for another party that can make your plugin work in webview mode?

Regards,
Julian

Hello Julian.

Sorry for late reply.

I would recommend you to check out with my colleague on more details regarding the Native Solution Grigor cc(@grigor) or drop him an mail at support@zeroqode.com regarding this inquiry so he could guide with it further.

Best,
Dumitru.

Thanks @Dumitru, Welcome @grigor, as you can read, your colleague recommends that you are maybe able to find a solution for the issues mentioned in this topic. We are now communicating about this issue for more than a month, but have not really come closer to a solution. Hopefully you will succeed and we can finally start using our app.

Regards,
Julian

Hello, Julian.

We’re sorry, but WebViewGold wrapper isn’t working properly with our plugin.

But I can offer you the way it will work in the way you want it. We have our Native Solution (zeroqode.com/native), I tried your app in it and it works fine, here you can take a look on my screen record: https://we.tl/t-IWZ3wtB49n

As I understood, you must respect the deadline which is very soon. We can provide you the app for Android and iOS in the shortest terms.

Hi @Grigor, How nice that you want to help us. (it must be almost Christmas :wink: ) In fact, we only need help with the Android App because the iOs App works perfectly out of the box and has been in the App store for a month now. What do you need from us to get the Android App up and running as quickly as possible?

Regards,
Julian

Hi Julian!

You just need to go to this page: zeroqode.com/native and purhcase the app. But there is ont moment to clarify - even if you need only Android app, the license is purchased for both iOS and Android. But you will be able to get another iOS application under the same license.

Please contact me on grigor@zeroqode.com if you have any specific questions, I’ll be happy to assist you!

Happy Christmas holidays!