Services Plugins FAQs

AWS file uploader -Videos/Images not getting uploaded on File uploader

Hello people!

Lately we were facing some issues with the file uploader. Some of our issues and their observations are mentioned below.

1. When the image/video file name contains any numerical values in brackets at the end, then the file uploader doesn’t respond even after selecting the image or video.
    For example: when the file name is Puma shoes (1), then the file uploader will not respond. But if I remove the ending numerical values and brackets (Eg: Puma shoes), the same file is getting uploaded.
    Screen recording for the same: https://www.loom.com/share/d75f8eb173b84e6e9615698477330431

2. Sometimes even when the file name is also fine, still the file uploader doesn’t even respond after selecting videos/images.
    Screen recording for the same: https://www.loom.com/share/eee92906f6b34d87848f71c66dcd5568

Can someone please help me what’s the issue here?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, @lalith
Thanks a lot for reaching out.

Sometimes, AWS users encounter problems when uploading files due to incorrect characters in the file name, I’m afraid. :pray:
In order to be sure that the reason for your issue is exactly at this point, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your app?
This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem :slightly_smiling_face:

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.
Regards,

Hey @Ecaterina !

I hope you are doing well and thanks for the reply. We have added support@zeroqode.com in our bubble as collaborator as requested.
One more issue which I want to highlight is, whenever the filename is too big, AWS is returning with an error and file is not getting uploaded successfully . Is this a bug?
If not, if there is any fix for this issue, please let us know.

Awaiting your reply once you check our plugin configurations on our bubble app.

Thank you.

Hello, @lalith
Thanks for adding us as a collaborator.

Please allow me to note that your application looks impressive :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:
Due to the huge range of pages within your application, it is quite difficult to find the exact page with the issue.

Can you please provide us the title of the page and a description of the steps for reproducing the issue with the AWS File uploader plugin?
It will speed up the process of investigation

Looking to hear you soon.
Best regards,

Hey @Ecaterina !

The page name is “ads-custom-create” .
In this page, we have multiple file uploaders but you can mainly check the file uploader named “Fileuploader Newsfeed feed”

Steps for reproducing the issue:

1. Open page “ads-custom-create”
  2. Search for element named “Fileuploader Newsfeed feed” - this is the element which we are using. You can check the configuration of this plugin.
  3. Preview the app.
  4. Once the app is loaded, Press the “create” button on topbar > and select facebook custom ad.
  5. Select first radio button as feed and secong radio button as single image. Once you select these two radio buttons and scroll down, you can see the file uploader.
  6. Now, try uploading images which have (1) at the end of file name or images where there file name is too long.

I have exactly repeated the same steps on the below attached screen recording for your reference.

Attaching the files where we are facing issues:

Hello, @lalith
Thanks a lot for the provided details.

Please allow us to check your application with our team and to revert to a solution for the error.
Please note that it can take some time due to the weekends.

Thanks for the understanding.
Best regards,

Sure.

Awaiting your response.

Hello, @lalith

The issue is under investigation. We will revert to you immediately after receiving the response from our team :pray:

Best regards,

1 Like

Hello, @lalith
Thanks for your patience.

By this message, I would like to notify you that we have checked appeared issue within the AWS File Uploader plugin. It consisted of downloading files with illegal characters (e.g. parentheses). Currently, our team fixed it and upgraded the plugin to Version 1.79.0.

Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and give it a try. It will help you to work with an upgraded version of the plugin.

Best regards,

Hello, @lalith

If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :smiley:

The more feedback we get, the more motivated to build great plugins :smiley:
Thanks! :pray:

Hey @Ecaterina, I hope you are doing well.

We are still facing the issue with special characters even after updating the plugin to latest version. Whenever we are uploading files with special characters or even a space on the file name, it is causing trouble for us.

The bubble page name is fileuploader_test. And I have detailly explained the issue in the below screen recording link.

Please look into it and let us know a time frame by which it can be fixed. If it will take some time to fix these issues, then we’ll probably look for alternate uploaders till this issue is resolved since its affecting our business.

Looking forward for your response.
Thank you!

Hello, @lalith
Thanks for reaching out.

Please allow us to take a look on your application one more time in order to check the settings for the plugin. I will revert with an answer ASAP.

Best regards,

Hello, @lalith

By this message, I would like to notify you that we started to analyze your application one more time. Unfortunately, the basis of this problem is very atypical.

We defined that files with illegal characters in the title are cause an error " NoSuchKey" error from Amazon.
You can read more about the issue here: Troubleshoot the 404 NoSuchKey error from Amazon S3

I need to tell you, that analyzing this issue can take some time and couldn’t be fixed immediately.
We will do our best to check it at the nearest time.

Best regards,

Thanks for the quick response.

Sure, Please give us an update if this issue is resolved.

We faced one more issue yesterday. When we are uploading a jpg image using the plugin, in s3 the content type of the file is coming as binary/octet-stream instead of image/jpeg for some corner cases images. This is further causing issues in our backend code when we are trying to process this file URL. Is there any fix for this issue or is this a bug?

Hello, @lalith
Thanks for the additional details.

I’m afraid, that our team has not encountered such a mistake. But, please allow me to mention that this issue could be caused by a huge amount of tools within your application.
Can you please share with us some examples of the images, which reproduce an issue?

As for this, our team already found the issue and working on upgrading the plugin’s functionality.
It will be ready at the nearest time.

Best regards,

1 Like

I’m afraid to say that we couldn’t found similar files. Will share them with you if we find any.

Thank you!

Hello, @lalith

I hope that the mentioned issue with some types of files will not occur repeatedly.
Also, allow me to mention that I will revert with the plugin update at the nearest time.

Wish you a nice day!
Best regards,

1 Like

Hey @Ecaterina !

I hope you are doing well.

Any update here?

Hello, @lalith

By this message, I would like to notify you that the issue was found and fixed. Now, our developer team is working on the Deployment of the new plugin’s version.
It will be ready at the nearest time and I will notify you immediately after finishing.

Best regards,

1 Like

Hello, @lalith
Thanks a lot for your patience.

By this message, I would like to notify you that we have upgraded the plugin ( Version 1.81.0) and fixed the issues with uploading the files with special characters in the titles. Now, all is working.

Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and give it a try. Firstly, please re-install the plugin. It will help you to work with an upgraded version of the plugin.

Best regards,