Services Plugins FAQs

AWS Fileuploader collapses when visibility is changed

I have an AWS Fileuploader in my popup, which displays correctly initially when state is X. When I change state X to Y, the uploader is no longer visible, correctly. But when I change back from Y to X, the fileuploader collapses to a couple of pixels. It is technically still clickable to upload a file. What can I do to fix this, or is it a bug?

Detailed explanation:

I have a file uploader in my popup.

The file uploader has a conditional that it is visible when a popup’s state is Document. It is not visible on page load.

My popup’s default state is empty so when the popup is opened it isn’t visible, correctly.

When I select document, a workflow runs to change the state of the popup to Document. The fileuploader shows correctly.

If I click another item e.g ‘Flights in last…’ the state of the popup is changed to a different value and the fileuploader correctly disappears.

However, if I want to go back and the state is changed back to document, the fileuploader collapses:

Hello, @georgecollier30
Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please let me know the version of the plugin you are using right now?
In the previous plugin’s version, the issue with the collapsing element was fixed, so I want to understand if such behavior was reproduced in the latest plugin version.

Also, due to the fact that we have some additional questions regarding your settings, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

I am looking to hear you soon.
Regards,

I was on the previous version of the plugin, I have now updated, thanks!

1 Like

Hello, @georgecollier30
Glad to hear that it’s working now for you.

In case you will encounter any issues, or will have additional questions - just let me know.

Best regards,