Services Plugins FAQs

AWS Fileuploader Issues

I’m having multiple issues with the AWS Fileuploader.

1. In Version 1.162.0 the FileUploadNoGUI does not work (no files are getting uploaded). I have confirmed that it works in older versions (which I have backed down to).

2. Backing down to 1.154.0, the FileUploadNoGUI uploads files, but there are odd issues: If I upload files and then remove them and try and add more, it just re-displays the first one without allowing additional ones to upload.

3. I seem to be unable to remove files from S3. This used to work and I have double-checked access settings on the AWS side. The plugin doesn’t return any error when attempting to delete files, they just don’t go away.

As some additional troubleshooting, I turned on the Javascript console and received the following errors on 1.154.0:

• On uploading a file, the file uploads and appears in S3, but returns a 400 PUT error.
  • Attempting to delete a file returns a Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘1’) at eval (AWS-File-uploader—Any-size–action–Delete-file-.js:3:2895)

As a final note, I’m using the FileUploadNoGUI so that I can customize the file display of images / files along with the delete buttons etc. I assume that’s the right method?

Hello @liz
Thank you for reaching out, I apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing with the plugin.

We are actively working on several updates for AWS, which we anticipate will resolve many of the current issues. As soon as the update is live, I’ll inform you so you can test the functionalities again. We are more than ready to assist in resolving any problems that may persist.

Please accept our apologies for this situation, and thank you for your understanding and patience. :pray:
Best regards

Hello @liz,
We sincerely apologize for the delay in our latest update.

We’ve hit a few unexpected snags that are taking time to resolve, and our team is working hard to ensure the update meets your expectations.

Due to these unpredictable challenges, providing a precise ETA is difficult. We’re committed to delivering a quality update as soon as possible, prioritizing the enhancement of your experience with our product.

Your patience and support are greatly appreciated during this time. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your understanding and trust. :pray:
Best regards,

Hello @liz ,
I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with our plugin.

I’m excited to share that we have effectively resolved the issues with uploading files on the Aws plugin and have updated it to version 1.164.0.

Could you kindly update the plugin within your app to this latest version and confirm whether everything is now operating smoothly? :blush:

Feel free to explore the plugin’s functionality on our demo page.

Please let me know if you have any other plugin-related questions.
Have a nice day ahead!

@Vasile with the new version, using the NOGUI element, I am not getting file name or file size to return (and maybe other things) on the FileUploadNoGUI Upload End Workflow. Looks like the files do upload.

Any advice?

Hello @liz ,
I hope this message finds you well. :slightly_smiling_face:

Would it be convenient for you to provide more details regarding your use case?

Namely, screenshots and screencasts of your workflow setup, plugin element, the issue you see, and the expected result, for screencast recording (I can suggest using the Loom tool).

Please record a video in step-by-step mode with the browser’s console enabled, in case there are any error messages there, and share a link with us so we can understand better your use case.

These details will help us reproduce your setup on our side and look into it.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your reply.
All the best, :slightly_smiling_face:
Take care!

Hello @liz ,
I hope this message reaches you in good spirits.

with the new version, using the NOGUI element, I am not getting file name or file size to return (and maybe other things) on the FileUploadNoGUI Upload End Workflow. Looks like the files do upload.

We have tested for the issue you’ve mentioned and couldn’t reproduce it on our side.

Please confirm if the issue is still present in your app, if so please provide us with more details about your use case.

Steps to reproduce the problem, screenshots, and screencasts of your workflow setup, plugin element, the issue you see, and the expected result, for screencast recording (I can suggest using the Loom tool).

Please record a video in step-by-step mode with the browser’s console enabled, in case there are any error messages there, and share a link with us so we can understand better your use case.

These details will help us reproduce your setup on our side and look into it.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your reply.
All the best, :slightly_smiling_face:
Take care!

Hey Vasile,

I work with @liz and we are still experiencing problems with the latest version of the FileUploadNoGUI element. Here are some videos show how we are using it:

So the plugin is uploading files via both the GUI and the NoGUI versions. The problem we are now having is that when we are creating a workflow for the FileUploadNoGUI Upload End event, we are unable to access the URL, Size, and Name data. In our Live environment we are still using an older version (1.154.0) and it works just fine. Any help that you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Note that the screen capture that we are using is web based so some of the JS errors shown in the video may be due to how it is capturing the video.

Hello @jason6,
Thank you for providing additional details, and sorry for the delayed reply over the weekend. :pray:

We are committed to helping you out, however, the videos you’ve sent are replaying as gifs without sound or the possibility of analyzing the whole video.Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom.

Could you please make sure that the video format is correct ? Our dev team is on stand-by prioritizing this issue ready to help.

Looking forward to your reply.
Have a nice day!

Do these work for you?:

Hello @jason6,
Thank you for providing additional details regarding your use case. :slightly_smiling_face:

After testing on our side we didn’t encounter the issue you’ve mentioned here: we are unable to access the URL, Size, and Name data.

You can find this test page where we recreated your setup:

On our page :

Feel free to check the database after you save a file in the NoGui element, and see that the file details were saved in their according to database entry.

I suggest to check once more our demo page setup and the test page above to maybe find the difference that causes the issue on your side.

Let me know if this was helpful or if you have any other plugin related question don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m here to help!
Have a nice day. :blush:

Hey Vasile,

I discovered that be creating a new FileUpload NoGUI Upload End workflow and copying and pasting my workflow elements into it and then deleting the original workflow, it started working. Very strange but that seems to be a Bubble issue.

I do have another question that is somewhat related. For some reason when accessing FileUploadNoGUI’s Name, it is being truncated with some ellipsis added to the end (e.g. 2012-Diver-Liab… vs. the actual file name of: 2012-Diver-Liability-Waiver-Form.pdf). I don’t see any way to disable this behavior in version 1.167.0. Is there anything that I can do from my side to fix this? Thanks and have a great day.