Services Plugins FAQs

AWS fileuploader plugin rotates images on processing

When using the image processing option in the aws fileuploader GUI element, some larger images get rotated on upload when rescaling (image processing) is enabled. This is not happening with all images but most frequent with vertically orientated hi-res images. On upload the images get rotated 90 degrees.

I think this is a bug in the uploader.

Hi @kristof,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce this issue on our side.

Could you please provide the following information:

1. screenshots and/or screencast of your design setups (where the plugin element is placed)
  2. screenshots and/or screencast of the plugin element settings (all fields and checkboxes)
  3. browser and OS version you are using to develop the app, and test it
  4. preview results

These details will help us have a better investigation, then get back to you with a feedback asap!

Best,
Alex

Hello, I’ve the same problem.

here’s my config

https://www.loom.com/share/e0d49c5fc2cb487e9100d180f3a7c00d

thanks for help @alexandru

Hello, @sarahesteve
Thanks for reaching out.

We have replicated the settings from the provided screenshot and the plugin works correctly. I’m afraid that this issue is not reproduced from our side.

Can you please let me know if this behavior is observed with all the photos you upload?
Please try to upload a photo from your computer, but not from a mobile device, and let me know about the result.

Looking to hear from you soon,
Best regards,

Hey hey @Ecaterina

With files coming from my computer there’s not this issue.

The use on the app is for mobile upload. Could you help with this ?

Seems I’m not the only one with this issue : ☁️ AWS File Uploader No File Size Limit- New Plugin from Zeroqode - #35 by juancamilovasquezard - Showcase - Bubble Forum

Hello, @sarahesteve

Please allow me to mention that the request you are referring to is rather outdated, so all the old issues were fixed.
As for the rotation of the images, this issue occurs sometimes only with iOS and macOS.
However, we need to mention that it depends on the iPhone default configurations.

Every image file has metadata property. If the metadata specifies the orientation of the image which is generally ignored by other OS, except for iOS and macOS. Most of the images taken are having their metadata property set to the right angle. So iOS shows it 90 degrees rotated manner.

From another device, this issue was not reproduced on our side from any device.
Please let me know which device you are trying to use?

Looking to hear from you soon.
Best regards,

Hello @Ecaterina and thanks for responding

I use a samsung with android, V9 with Chrome V94.0.4606.61

But I think Chrome version doesn’t help, as when I upload the photo taken with my phone to my macbook or windows 10 desktop computer, and charge it with the plugin, the photo remains rotated.

so it is really a metadata thing.

Hello, @sarahesteve

Unfortunately, there is no solution for this case, at the moment.
However, we will take into consideration the possibility of influent this rotation in the new plugins version. We need to see if it will be possible :pray:

Please let me know if I can assist you with any additional information.
Best regards,